Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If that shot had gone in?.....the first touch and the run around the keep was up there with a Vini Jnr move.

I think his shot was fractionally deflected off Kilmans rear...so unlucky.

I don't even think he's fully up to speed yet 

The positive is, " dangerous" is now his default setting

• Like 1

On 19/08/2024 at 17:26, sheepyvillian said:

Absolutely! The thing he has over Walters is pace. To be that fast and that skilful at the same time is a very unique gift. He has got better and better with each season he's been here. I'm looking forward to him showcasing those talents on an even bigger stage, he won't be daunted, I can tell you that. Graydon, Morley, Walters, Daly, even Ginola. Nothing more pleasing to the eye than a skilful winger in Claret and Blue. 

I agree....nothing better than to see than a flying winger.

However, they are one of the first positions to become passengers ( hence Alf Ramsey's view) , but when a team has balance, and good defensive cover, they have the confidence to shine.

Bailey is really important for us. His laid back style can be misleading, I think he is well committed and loves it at Villa.

Edited by TRO

I was impressed by his defensive contribution today, at a couple of times he sprinted back and was the last man making interceptions. Very good development from him on that aspect.

Granted that Ned is just a kid and new to the PL it's good to see him take extra responsibility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grobs said:

I thought he was awful today going forward. He slowed down or stopped pretty much every attack 

Yes, I thought this too. 

7/10 performance. Did some amazing work on the defensive side. We know he is carrying a knock so probably won't see the best of him for a couple weeks. 

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, poor going forward tbh. Still makes poor decisions. I think we need better than him.

I agree - he is most definitely viewed through rose tinted spectacles at times.

I think he slows down too many attacks - very good at running into space, and gaining momentum to go past a full back but equally he hardly ever takes on his man from a standing start he stops the play, lays off a sideways pass.

This said - still a massive improvement on his first two seasons 

• Like 1

On 24/08/2024 at 20:22, grobs said:

I thought he was awful today going forward. He slowed down or stopped pretty much every attack 

Agreed. Plus he seemed to be actively avoiding passing to Kosta. Whether it was because he didnt want to put too much pressure on him or whether he doesn't fully trust him is for you to decide. A few times he could have laid it off to him but he cut back then cut back then cut back then passed it to Konsa instead.

On 25/08/2024 at 21:18, ChesterDad said:

I agree - he is most definitely viewed through rose tinted spectacles at times.

I think he slows down too many attacks - very good at running into space, and gaining momentum to go past a full back but equally he hardly ever takes on his man from a standing start he stops the play, lays off a sideways pass.

This said - still a massive improvement on his first two seasons 

Disagree. People just find it hard to understand modern tactics and think you just take your man on and run at the goal. Too many years watching Gabby.

Bailey plays a specific role for Villa and he does it very well. Part of that is slowing down (one of the prime reasons Pep signed Jack).

• Like 3

I love how he's part of a quality press and he also puts in a defensive shift. Showing he's becoming an even better all round player. He won the turnover for Watkins first miss

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Disagree. People just find it hard to understand modern tactics and think you just take your man on and run at the goal. Too many years watching Gabby.

Bailey plays a specific role for Villa and he does it very well. Part of that is slowing down (one of the prime reasons Pep signed Jack).

I don't think he meant to slow it down when he left the ball behind him on Sat when we had a very dangerous situation.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â