Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2024 at 14:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In other mental news... Steve Bruce is set to be appointed as manager of Jamaican national team 😂😭

Calipso Steve is back! 😂😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Calipso Steve is back! 😂😂😂😂😂

Nah that was a false report, it's even better in the end.

We ended up with SCHTEVE McLaren!

7c0ebe0f76f6feb4487d27d9d398a105-800x500-c-default.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Just woke up for absolutely no reason, other than thinking 

"HOW DA **** YOU MISS THAT CHANCE LEON?!?!?"

Goodnight you bastards x 😌

It had an xG of 0.11 it was a tough chance especially as West Ham defender had slid in meaning shooting along the ground would have been blocked. 

I thought he didn't look fully up to speed bar the miss, was brilliant play 

Not quite sure what to think of the miss itself, it's definitely harder than he will get credit for, kilman does better than he will get credit for, if it's on target kilman blocks it, not sure why he didn't take it on his right foot but he is wider than people will remember 

If kilman isn't there he takes another touch and scores, surprised for me was that it didn't take it round him as well

Surprised more hasn’t been made of his performance. I thought he looked really lively and always trying to hurt the opposition. Some things didn’t come off, but thought it was a solid 7/8 out of 10 game from Bailey.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surprised more hasn’t been made of his performance. I thought he looked really lively and always trying to hurt the opposition. Some things didn’t come off, but thought it was a solid 7/8 out of 10 game from Bailey.

I thought he was poor. Missed a sitter.

😀 just kidding!!!

On 18/08/2024 at 06:41, CVByrne said:

It had an xG of 0.11 it was a tough chance especially as West Ham defender had slid in meaning shooting along the ground would have been blocked. 

Oh Christ that is a deeply misleading statistic. xG statistics omits the fact he had rounded the bloody keeper!

• Like 3

It's such a shame he hit the post because, had that gone in, "World Class" would have been a worthy adjective to explain such a beautiful touch, then to glide around the keeper. The only other Villa winger who comes close to Bailey, skil - wise, is Mark Walters imo. That's some compliment. He's an absolute joy to watch at times. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

If that shot had gone in?.....the first touch and the run around the keep was up there with a Vini Jnr move.

I think his shot was fractionally deflected off Kilmans rear...so unlucky.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I didn't think he was great at the weekend, but not terrible either. 

Me neither 

And I mean "great" in the context of how good he can be, it was like a 6.5/10 performance, didn't look fully up to speed, always wanted the ball but then had a bit of reluctance about him rather than the full bag of tricks, was right to be subbed off

Great place to be as a villa fan though isn't it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If that shot had gone in?.....the first touch and the run around the keep was up there with a Vini Jnr move.

I think his shot was fractionally deflected off Kilmans rear...so unlucky.

Absolutely! The thing he has over Walters is pace. To be that fast and that skilful at the same time is a very unique gift. He has got better and better with each season he's been here. I'm looking forward to him showcasing those talents on an even bigger stage, he won't be daunted, I can tell you that. Graydon, Morley, Walters, Daly, even Ginola. Nothing more pleasing to the eye than a skilful winger in Claret and Blue. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â