Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

If Diaby goes, the pressure and spotlight is going to fall on Bailey.

I hope he’s up to the task and doesn't let the pressure get to him, especially if he has a couple of bad games.

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If Diaby goes, the pressure and spotlight is going to fall on Bailey.

I hope he’s up to the task and doesn't let the pressure get to him, especially if he has a couple of bad games.

The pressure was on more when Diaby arrived to be honest. He rose to the occasion then.

• Like 1

I thought he was poor against Walsall but, just as we shouldn't get too excited about good performances in pre-season, we shouldn't be too hard on bad performances.

If we were linked with a winger/attacking mid with FBREF stats like those below, I think it would incite mass hysteria.

image.png.903c9e20a3ac024dd2205326ad458b62.png

We cannot forget how incredible he's been for the last year. He is a key player for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You just sense he would have been honoured with being given that responsibility. Sends a really positive message that individual  progress and improvement will not go unnoticed by this manager..

It really does need emphasizing just how tremendous Bailey's form has been over the last 18 months. It's no exaggeration that at times, last season, he was reminiscent of the once great Laurie Cunningham. The guile at such speed and the fright on defenders faces when facing it, was something else.

Edited by sheepyvillian

Standard Bailey goal.

He is starting to get himself sharper, kept hold of the ball too many times wasting chances for other players but I would rather he plays like this and gets the videos from uni on what he should have done.

Fingers crossed we continue to get last seasons Bailey who was exceptional 

On 19/07/2024 at 11:06, It's Your Round said:

Another big season for Leon, you’ll have to be some player to get his place in the team this year. 

Considering his level of ability and everything he did last year, the first team spot is his to lose because he's earned it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

As long as he picks up were he left off last season, he's probably one of the first names on the teamsheet now.

It might take him a couple of games to hit his flow, just hope that if he doesn’t do it instantly we don’t have fans getting on his back.

I think he's carrying a couple of pounds, but he'll work em off quick enough - he looks like a player that needs football to stay fit so we'll seem him get sharper as pre-season continues.

His goal was excellent though and his ability on the ball is pretty obvious to see.

On 19/07/2024 at 10:15, JPAngel said:

I thought he was poor against Walsall but, just as we shouldn't get too excited about good performances in pre-season, we shouldn't be too hard on bad performances.

If we were linked with a winger/attacking mid with FBREF stats like those below, I think it would incite mass hysteria.

image.png.903c9e20a3ac024dd2205326ad458b62.png

We cannot forget how incredible he's been for the last year. He is a key player for us.

Without trying to be picky, the above is versus midfielders, not attacking mids/wingers.

Still good versus wingers etc, but not as you linked.

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's carrying a couple of pounds, but he'll work em off quick enough - he looks like a player that needs football to stay fit so we'll seem him get sharper as pre-season continues.

His goal was excellent though and his ability on the ball is pretty obvious to see.

I wonder if he has bulked up with a bit of muscles, if so it's a good thing and needed imo, as long as it doesn't affect his rapidness. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â