Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Buendia had an assist, Bailey was responsible for a West Ham goal, so no.

Bailey wasn't really responsible. The pass from Mcginn was poor judgement, the challenge from Mcginn was also poor i hold him responsible for the goal. Bailey should've had an assist but Buendia missed a sitter from a perfect ball from Bailey! I see where you are coming from, but thought considering Bailey isn't anywhere near fully sharp, only has 3 starts in the premier league to his name it was a very lively cameo. He also won the late freekick! Bailey potentially is a world class player on his day.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Bailey wasn't really responsible. The pass from Mcginn was poor judgement, the challenge from Mcginn was also poor i hold him responsible for the goal. Bailey should've had an assist but Buendia missed a sitter from a perfect ball from Bailey! I see where you are coming from, but thought considering Bailey isn't anywhere near fully sharp, only has 3 starts in the premier league to his name it was a very lively cameo. He also won the late freekick! Bailey potentially is a world class player on his day.

That buendia chance was pretty tricky to be fair. Would have been a very good finish to have scored in that position 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He gave the ball away for the second one too thinking about it. 

I’m not sure we concede the first one had we not made that change, all ifs and buts though.

Yeah I think we can give him some credit for the second one. From falling over letting Rice take the ball to sprinting back but then suddenly stopping once he got back to the penalty area.

On 14/03/2022 at 19:24, Philosopher said:

It was a combination....as most poor moves are.

Bailey, does need to get match fit, but world class seems some way off him, right now.

He has to be effective, and dropping like a stone, at the first sign of a challenge is not the path to go.....He has to show more strength and resolve, if he wants to play at this level....staying on the ball more would help.

• Like 2

He needs a proper run of starts before we can judge him properly.

We're finishing midtable, I'm not sure how much use giving Coutinho minutes over our actual owned players is, unless he's definitely staying on.

I'm not saying freeze Coutinho out, but there needs to be minutes and starts given out to some other players.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2022 at 13:47, Tom13 said:

We're finishing midtable, I'm not sure how much use giving Coutinho minutes over our actual owned players is, unless he's definitely staying on.

I'm not saying freeze Coutinho out, but there needs to be minutes and starts given out to some other players.

That's true....if he can off what Harvey Barnes can offer, I'll be happy.

All indicators suggest, Coutinho will stay.....I would'nt be baulking at playing possibly our most influential player.

On 17/03/2022 at 06:47, Tom13 said:

I'd widen that across to Carney and whoever else right now to be honest.

Why should Carney gets mins over someone like Tommi or Tim?

If he signs up, no problem, but developing players to leave on a free isn't sensible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I didnt think bailey was too bad. But i did think traore was pretty shite

It was unfortunate the only time Bert got a good run going he then fell over. Bailey got into some good positions and one good cross but he needs the ball in front of him to run at players and we are far too slow for that.

Just now, VillanousOne said:

It was unfortunate the only time Bert got a good run going he then fell over. Bailey got into some good positions and one good cross but he needs the ball in front of him to run at players and we are far too slow for that.

This is what I dont get. Bailey would bw so good on a counter attack. Why are we not setting up for this?

As you rightly say we are so slow at moving the ball forward it does not benefit bailey at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

This is what I dont get. Bailey would bw so good on a counter attack. Why are we not setting up for this?

As you rightly say we are so slow at moving the ball forward it does not benefit bailey at all.

I think he made his best cameo when he came on for Targett at left wing back against Everton, maybe would have been worth trying that rather than relying on a 36 year old right footer providing all our width, especially in the second half.

Â