Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

It was decent cameo but his introduction did seem to leave Cash a lot more exposed. Bailey doesn’t quite bust his guts to get back as much as Ings did in the first half. He’s a real danger going forward though, I hope we get to see him hit form at some point this season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It was decent cameo but his introduction did seem to leave Cash a lot more exposed. Bailey doesn’t quite bust his guts to get back as much as Ings did in the first half. He’s a real danger going forward though, I hope we get to see him hit form at some point this season. 

Bailey looked lively enough but his defensive game is lacking, it was a worry when Ings went off as he was working so hard.

I agree he left Cash exposed a couple of times and then they scored.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bailey looked lively enough but his defensive game is lacking, it was a worry when Ings went off as he was working so hard.

Will need to look at it again but I actually thought Rice clipped him, could've easily got a free kick for that but then the ref was awful and didn't call many obvious fouls for us in first half.

43 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think it had as much to do with Luiz going off for Buendia. As soon as Buendia came on they scored a their second. The DM or one of the two central midfielders infront of the DM is supposed to help defend in those counter attack situations. Not really fair to blame Bailey in that situation as he had been fouled at the start of the counter!

Bailey is looking sharper now. He was definitely better then Buendia. Pushing for a place soon i think.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i would like to see a front 3 of Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey.

Not sure if it would work, but would like to see it at least once, regardless.

It will 100% work IF the two other midfielders simply do not go forward.

10 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I was disappointed that he lost possession, which led to their second goal.

It looked like a foul but the referee was playing Australian rules.

This has been a thing over the last 6-8 games, players can be barged, pushed, elbowed and dragged off the ball and your chances of a free kick are slim to none.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

This has been a thing over the last 6-8 games, players can be barged, pushed, elbowed and dragged off the ball and your chances of a free kick are slim to none.

I couldn't understand why when Chambers got forearm smashed, it wasn't a foul.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

The old double pivot. We’d be deadly if we get our 2/3 signings right in the summer. 

Well this is my point, the three behind the striker are elite, we need to set them free and play one striker.

He needs to be a lot more aware for the second goal, we were out of shape and vulnerable to the counter. Sloppy decision. Other than that he showed some good glimpses going forward and his work rate was very high.  Hopefully he will find some form in the coming games.

I think he deserves a start from the right with Coutinho playing off the left. Or, Buendia on the left and Coutinho as the 10. 

About time we see what this kid is about. He has the tools, I’ve said it before, but he needs a run of 5 matches.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought he was impressive. For me he should start next league game for watkins.

Done more in 10 minutes than watkins did whole game

If you do that then you have 2 players in Ings and Bailey who can't complete 90 minutes. Hindsight and all but voting against 5 subs was probably not in our best interest this season. 

I know he was number 9 for Leverkusen but did he ever play down the middle? I'm slightly worried he's going to fall out of favour here and that's nothing against him. We're spoilt for choice in the attacking area now and I feel the pressure will really be on him to impress when he gets the odd 20 minutes here and there. I think he's a quality player and we really need to try and adjust squeezing him in somewhere otherwise he'll be off. I know he's been injured lately but looked quite sharp when he came on yesterday.

Â