Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Interestingly I genuinely don't remember that at all. Was that during the five game losing streak?

Yes the first game was Arsenal up to Gerrard first game but was 2 international games sandwiched in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He'll be a good squad player when he gets back into shape. A possible super-sub?

if he can stay fit, coming off the bench for the last 20/25 with his rapid speed and the tired legs of the opposition, would cause some teams nightmares!

Probably best for him also, as with his long absences, they will probably want to phase him back in slowly anyways.

I really really hope he comes good. Living in the Caribbean it’s pretty exciting having a Caribbean player. I wasn’t at all impressed with him before he got injured though. Was essentially playing how Watkins is currently playing  

2 hours ago, MentalM said:

Bailey seems similar to some of the japanese anime protagonists.

If he uses too much of his ability he ends up injuring himself like Naruto/Deku. Needs to find a proper sensei to avoid doing it, hope Gerrard can be his Jiraiya/Pervy Sage/All Might

Ok weeb.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

He could be absolutely devastating off the bench v tired players. 

I'm thinking the same. Towards the end of a game, he could wreak havoc among the opposite defense and, basically, be the most entertaining player in the PL.

2 hours ago, MentalM said:

Bailey seems similar to some of the japanese anime protagonists.

If he uses too much of his ability he ends up injuring himself like Naruto/Deku. Needs to find a proper sensei to avoid doing it, hope Gerrard can be his Jiraiya/Pervy Sage/All Might

nod-nodding.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

He could be absolutely devastating off the bench v tired players. 

He could be, but I think he sees himself as more than that and his dad definitely does. 
Will be interesting to see how Bailey gets on towards the back end of the season. The Everton cameo and a few glimpses at Palace aside, he has been very underwhelming. I think he's got 'it' though, so hopefully he improves and pushes for a starting place.

• Like 1

Â