Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Mane and Salah are inside forwards. They aren't wingers. That's why they get so many goals. 

Trent and Robertson provides the width 

Damn the 15 goals he scored last season as a rw mist mean he's only winger rather than an inside forward. 

It'll be tough getting game time when he's fit. Coutinho, Buendia are the starting 10s and then you've Bailey, Ings, Chukwuemeka all needing time off bench. I see rotation as being key to this squad if Gerrard gets his 2 players for every position.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Do we really think Bailey, his father and their car-crash YouTube page are going to be happy as an option from the bench?

Nah maaaan!

Well he can't keep fit for more than two games when starting so yes I think logical plan would be mainly for him to manage his minutes for rest of the season largely off the bench to avoid more injuries and hopefully win us a few games with Everton style cameos.

Then spend the summer working out how to fit him into the first 11 unless there's another Gold cup being played.

• Like 1

He'll feel like a new signing when he comes back.

I reckon we might see him up front a few times as well.

Loads of talent, and I think he'll appreciate a more clear set of instructions now he won't be on the wing any more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll feel like a new signing when he comes back.

I reckon we might see him up front a few times as well.

Loads of talent, and I think he'll appreciate a more clear set of instructions now he won't be on the wing any more.

I think he'd make a better CF than no10 tbh. Pace would mean he's a huge threat. I suppose if Gerrard gets to the "positional rotation" stage of his front 3 then a Bailey, Watkins, Buendia works well etc..

On 16/01/2022 at 01:32, Demitri_C said:

Why we even talking about bailey, he is injured all the time! We be lucky if he plays 3 games back to back

He played 7 games back to back in October/November 

Just now, Nigel said:

What a player to be able to bring off the bench though!

Agreed! I hope to see a lot of fight in him when he's given the nod again. Definitely a very talented player in there.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think he'd make a better CF than no10 tbh. Pace would mean he's a huge threat. I suppose if Gerrard gets to the "positional rotation" stage of his front 3 then a Bailey, Watkins, Buendia works well etc..

I’d be intrigued to see Buendia, Bailey, Coutinho 

• Like 3

On 16/01/2022 at 13:50, MotoMkali said:

No playmaker he says about the guy that got 11 assists in 40 appearances. 

I wonder how many were from crosses vs through balls. Makes a big difference if he would be required to play more centrally. You don't need anywhere near as much technique and vision to cross as you do with through balls. 

Â