Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

41 minutes ago, Risso said:

German football for wingers must be like playing Fifa on the XBox on easy mode. Do they not have full backs over there or something?

Sadio Mane is struggling after ripping up the Premier League 😛

I think he needs dropping. Playing him when he's this low on confidence and out of form is only going to make things worse . 

Wait when that happens his dad starts gobbing off again. He didn't come to villa to sit on the bench etc.

Well mate we didn't want to spend 30+ million on some one paced gimp who can't cross, beat a man, has a foot like a 50 pence and is as weak as a feather.

The amount of times he takes a man on and they get a touch on the ball is staggering, he doesn’t pass and move but it was the correct decision to start him tonight in a attempt to build his confidence. Emery clearly seen something in him and we’ve all seen glimpses I really hope he turns things around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

The amount of times he takes a man on and they get a touch on the ball is staggering, he doesn’t pass and move but it was the correct decision to start him tonight in a attempt to build his confidence. Emery clearly seen something in him and we’ve all seen glimpses I really hope he turns things around.

Leon Bailey is what happens when you scout the numbers but not the player. He's empty calories. He "creates chances" in the sense that he makes a pass into dangerous areas but the pass is rarely a good one. For instance, the cutback to Ings. If he sends it to him with pace, Ings is able to get a shot off. Instead he gingerly rolls it to him and allows the defender to break it up.

I like Bailey and think that he has an upside to him (as shown by his sublime finish against Utd), but his confidence is shot.

He can't have any complaints at this stage if he's dropped to the bench and used as an impact sub for a while until he can prove he has turned the corner.

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Possibly he sees something in him.

Or, the previous "manager" left us with one winger at the club so Unai currently has little choice.

He'll be benched as soon as the club has managed to get in someone Unai actually wants

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What the hells happened to his pace?? He looks as fast as me

Hasn't looked the same since he did his quad banging in that goal against Everton

15 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Hasn't looked the same since he did his quad banging in that goal against Everton

I think your right but then why does he bang every shot? I dont understand why he has to always put power into his shots.  Against utd his finosh was less power and he scored.

Its like between him and countinho they trying to get goal of the season but instead the only thing they are winning is 1st person to hit the ball to the moon trophy

8 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Someone needs to make that video with bad recorder version of Titanic song. Just shows you can make anyone look good with selective editing

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

He had one game at the start of this season, I forget against who, during which he turned on the afterburners and looked rapid, and for a moment we all thought that last season he just wasn't fit, and he was back on it this season. Didn't last long.

56 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Someone needs to make that video with bad recorder version of Titanic song. Just shows you can make anyone look good with selective editing

I don’t think the video looked good, he shows way to much of the ball to defenders.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sadio Mane is struggling after ripping up the Premier League 😛

Is he? I’d be lying if I said I’ve seen a minute of him playing but his stats and goal returns look good. Bailey and sancho have both struggled since their moves to England for different reasons, I just don’t think baileys suited to the premier league 

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When he's played on the left, he actually sprinted down the line. When he plays on the right, he's always cutting back.

This is my main grievance with him at the minute.  Which is not his fault as that's what he's presumably being asked to do by playing there.  I think he'd be much more effective on the left.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â