Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

A guy rang up the phone in on Talksport who said he didn’t  know Bailey personally but has always followed his career. He suggested yesterday was the Birthday of a friend who had died. He said it was the same person he paid tribute to when he scored against Everton when he came on a sub. He thinks he might have wanted to pay tribute to her again by scoring and suggested this is why he was so upset. Sort of make sense and shut them pricks up on Talksport who thought he went OTT, hence the phone in. To be fair Darren Bent did say he thought it might be something else that set him off and that no one knows what someone might be going through. 

Yes this is true, Stefanie " Steffie " Gregg.

I never realised it was a year already 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 3

He does 1 dribble too many. He really is skilled and rapid, his decision making needs to improve. You usually don't need to beat your man more than once, in fact what ends up happening is that you confuse yourself instead and lose the ball. Keep it simple. Why is Riyadh Mahrez so good for example? He'll beat the defender proper 1 time, then get a shot off or a key pass immediately. He's deadly. Leon is not scary like that. It doesn't help that he's been scuffing and snatching at shots lately either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHY said:

A guy rang up the phone in on Talksport who said he didn’t  know Bailey personally but has always followed his career. He suggested yesterday was the Birthday of a friend who had died. He said it was the same person he paid tribute to when he scored against Everton when he came on a sub. He thinks he might have wanted to pay tribute to her again by scoring and suggested this is why he was so upset. Sort of make sense and shut them pricks up on Talksport who thought he went OTT, hence the phone in. To be fair Darren Bent did say he thought it might be something else that set him off and that no one knows what someone might be going through. 

This might actually explain why he held on to ball for too long instead of passing. He was desperate to score.

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Needs to start against Stevenage, A perfect Hatrick will do his confidence the world of good! 

I’d agree the game vs Stevenage is a good opportunity to restore some confidence. Leon clearly has lots of raw talent it just needs polishing. His time here was difficult at the start with injuries and then managerial upheavals.

Now he’s in a much better environment with a manager who can really help him. He will of course have to put in plenty of effort on his own part. If Unai sees that he has the mentality to succeed then he can have a great future with us. Time will tell. 

He was very good against United. I think if he just had his shooting boots on he had two great chances against Liverpool and Wolves. He's getting the chances though which is at least a positive. Also his xG to goals return is 32 goals from 28.52 xG in Germany and Prem. For Villa he's 4 goals from 4.32 xG.

Also he's being played out of position too. I think he is at his best in a wide mid role making the runs from there when space has been created by the two forwards. Like everyone else in the squad lets give them time and make decisions at end of the season

edit: no need and I think Ive made my point. He doesn’t give a toss about Villa or the team. So unbelievably greedy, won’t pass, can’t shoot. I’m desperate for him to leave. 

Edited by Spoony

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â