Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Now we finally have a proper manager and the players will get some actual coaching… I expect both Buendia and Bailey to really stand out and shine, they will be our most exciting and effective attackers and creators…

Things are really looking up… a skilled  manager is what we’ve needed more than anything to “make it work”…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hopefully he shines under Emery. Under Gerrard people were saying he was worse than Traore,

What they should really have been saying is that Gerrard was worse than Bruce, Sherwood, Di Matteo, Garde and so on…

I’d love Traore back here!

Berty T with the skills! 

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 04:44, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s clear he’s much useful at the left side. Gerrard wanted hard to make him a right winger.

On his day, he’s the best we have attacking wise.

Very effective on the left side, can't believe it's more or less the first time we have seen him play there. 

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

Very effective on the left side, can't believe it's more or less the first time we have seen him play there. 

He played there in the infamous 20 min cameo under Deano where he blew Everton apart then got injured.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Reverted straight back to Bailey of old today. I’m not sure we’ve ever had a greedier player.  

He loses the ball plenty.

However he was involved in our two best moves. Breezed past I think Schar and set up Buendia but he just took too long to shoot.

Then was involved in another move where Cash crossed and Ollie hopelessly miskicked the ball.

At least he feels involved now compared to this time last year and interested what Emery can get out of him in next six months.

He's always blown fire hot or artic cold...that's always been the biggest criticism there has been of him, even since his Germany days.

To be fair, this might even be why some of the elite clubs pulled out of going for him in the end.

If we could find a Manager and system which could drive consistency from him, he'll be fine IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's always blown fire hot or artic cold...that's always been the biggest criticism there has been of him, even since his Germany days.

To be fair, this might even be why some of the elite clubs pulled out of going for him in the end.

If we could find a Manager and system which could drive consistency from him, he'll be fine.

Wasn't he rotated often in Germany? I think he is a confidence player. I get the impression If he feels like it is too tough for him then he will down tools quickly. Not the only player too.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He is a bad player. 

No chance. 14 goal contributions in his first full PL season. Not sure what you look for in a player, and yes he has some weaknesses in his game, but he also has composure, intelligence and technique in abundance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No chance. 14 goal contributions in his first full PL season. Not sure what you look for in a player, and yes he has some weaknesses in his game, but he also has composure, intelligence and technique in abundance.

El Ghazi got 10 league goals but was often derided on here.

3 minutes ago, jim said:

El Ghazi got 10 league goals but was often derided on here.

It's a fair point that those stats don't hold as much weight as I intended them to, but Traore backed them up with quality attacking performances.

AEG was far too panicky on the ball and timid to ever nail down a position in the side.

Out of interest, how many of AEG's goals were pens? May be none but I'm curious.

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Just seen Jamaica have a friendly in Cameroon on Wednesday evening that would rule him out of the Utd Cup game. 

Wonder if he's going?

We dont have to release players for friendlies. We rejected Argentinas request to release martinez early so the club should do the same for this.

Sundays a huge game for us bailey is vital  to those plans

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

It's a fair point that those stats don't hold as much weight as I intended them to, but Traore backed them up with quality attacking performances.

AEG was far too panicky on the ball and timid to ever nail down a position in the side.

Out of interest, how many of AEG's goals were pens? May be none but I'm curious.

‘Quality attacking performances’. 

He played well on a handful of occasions and was downright dreadful plenty of times. His performance at Brentford last year was abysmal.

The only thing I would say is Buendia and Bailey haven’t exactly been much better. 

We’ve been awful at signing wide players for ages. £17m on Traore was particularly bad, given Lyon couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

‘Quality attacking performances’. 

He played well on a handful of occasions and was downright dreadful plenty of times. His performance at Brentford last year was abysmal.

The only thing I would say is Buendia and Bailey haven’t exactly been much better. 

We’ve been awful at signing wide players for ages. £17m on Traore was particularly bad, given Lyon couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 

Yes, quality attacking performances.

Â