Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He was even being played ahead of Buendia, when I don't think he deserved to be at the time, as he was nowhere near form.

I don't think it's just about starting, it's how he's being used that's the issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Who says we don't?

Who says we do?  People complain we don’t get value for our sales and then make stupid statements like this.

We don’t need to get rid of Bailey, so if Ajax want him, they can dig deep.

• Like 1

Just now, macandally said:

Who says we do?  People complain we don’t get value for our sales and then make stupid statements like this.

We don’t need to get rid of Bailey, so if Ajax want him, they can dig deep.

In what way is it stupid.

We paid 30m for him he's constantly injured he hasn't performed and he's not in the team and his agent is causing issues for the club and now a club has fallen into our lap potentially who want to take him off our hands.

If and if it is a big if , they offered what we paid you're damn right I'd cut and run and so should the club.

He can't stay fit and his value is only going to deflate.

Like I say , we don't sell at the right time and this could be it.

£60m. Living in dream land.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd just like to see him get a run of games so he's doesn't feel pressure to do something amazing in the short cameos when he gets on the pitch, which is usually at a time when we're chasing the game.  

Just a settled starting run and see what he can do. 

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We paid 30m for him he's constantly injured he hasn't performed and he's not in the team and his agent is causing issues for the club and now a club has fallen into our lap potentially who want to take him off our hands.

If and if it is a big if , they offered what we paid you're damn right I'd cut and run and so should the club.

How many times has he been injured this year?

It is stupid because you don’t realise that it doesn’t matter what he is worth, it is what somebody is willing to pay.

Thats why Ajax are sat on £80m now and Leicester are soon to be £75m richer.

Footienomics mate 🙄

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I think the can’t stay fit thing is blown out of proportion. He’s really only had one issue, a major one at that, with his leg which seems to be fine now.

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

It is stupid because you don’t realise that it doesn’t matter what he is worth, it is what somebody is willing to pay.

Footienomics mate 🙄

Leicester are selling one of the highest rated defenders in Europe to one of the richest clubs in Europe in the richest league in Europe.

We would be selling someone who can't get a game for Villa is not going to a powerhouse team and isn't really desirable based on lack of performance and serious question marks on his ability and fitness.

Mate.

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What would you do for wingers/wide forwards for the rest of the season though? Tyreik Wright is the only other one we have at the club now.

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Footienomics mate 🙄

Ajax are not Man United. In fact they are pretty much the opposite when it comes to transfers.

When he's played it's out of position. Can't go out near the wing because that's where our CM and FB have to be. Can't play in his favored spot because the manager is dead set on playing his mate Coutinho. If I was Bailey's dad I would be kicking up a storm as well over the mismanagement currently ongoing at Villa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

There's plenty to be critical of Gerrard over, but I somehow get the feeling we would be having the same thing with Bailey whoever the manager was.

Just imagine if/when he has/had a great season, and Butler finds out their is interest from a top 6 club... lol

Nothing in the Dutch press indicates Bailey wants to leave.

Here's the relevant line

"Justin Kluivert is gepolst, de naam van de door PSV begeerde Anwar El Ghazi is gevallen en zelfs Leon Bailey (Aston Villa) kwam ter sprake."

Loosely translates to "Justin Kluivert has been polled, the name of the PSV coveted Anwar El Ghazi has been mentioned and even Leon Bailey (Aston Villa) was mentioned."

Edited by The_Steve

The situation with Bailey is due to the knock on effect of the playmaker. 

The issue is that Gerrard looks at coutinho as a playmaker.  He isnt any more. He doesnt even have magic moments . But He makes the choice between Buendia and Coutinho every week. 

When he should be making the choice of Bailey or Coutinho to play with Buendia. 

If you make that decision then you can more simply see who is better and more in form. And also which of Coutinho / Bailey benefit more when Buendia is playing. Buendia is the master of the throughball. Bailey is a fantastic finisher and is the fastest player at the club  Hello !!!!! 

But because of this stupid system he plays it means you end up with only 1 of those 3 on the pitch alot of the time rather than at least 2.  

Its madness and blindness of the highest degree and is going to get him sacked eventually while making 2 really high quality players unhappy

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â