Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

56 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Every time I watch him it becomes more and more clear why nobody else has taken a punt on him.

May need another season but is looking every inch a flop signing. Shows nothing apart from the odd decent shot. 

Hd came on at 0-3 with a manager that doesn't trust him.

What were you expecting? Maradona

10 minutes ago, supermon said:

There will come a point when Gerrard will realize he needs to play with wingers next season, if he seems Leon it'll be a big regret imo. 

I’d like to see it before next season tbh. A wide 433, with Nakamba at the base of the midfield, two 8s of your choice, Coutinho or Bailey left, Buendia or Traore right. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

What have we got to lose. Season is over. Give Bailey & Buendia a run of games. 

Buendia for sure. Bailey doesn’t really deserve a run out, albeit I think your point is more about seeing what he’s made of. 

Bailey has been a huge disappointment.

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia for sure. Bailey doesn’t really deserve a run out, albeit I think your point is more about seeing what he’s made of. 

Bailey has been a huge disappointment.

He has had 5 starts and now plays under a manager who hates width 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe, but he’s still been poor. There’s no getting away from that.

He still has a goal and 3 assists in just over 600 minutes on the pitch and still hasnt really played in his position 

On 02/04/2022 at 23:01, R.Bear said:

Libor Kozak was top scorer in the Europa League the season before we signed him. Ross McCormack was the Championship top scorer. I couldnt give less of a shit what players did elsewhere. All that matters is what they do for us.

Agree 100% but the point you're completely missing is that he's not yet had a chance to show what he can do for us. 

I'm worried but writing him off now is just stupid. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It’s true Bailey hasn’t had many chances, but I’d be more enthusiastic if he’d shown more in the minutes he’s had.

Now it feels pretty much like a toss up between playing him or Traore.

1 goal 3 assists in 600 minutes 

Watkins 8 goals 1 assist in over 2000 minutes 

Bailey and Traore are not the problem, playing a system to kill your creativity and exciting players is

Disappointing he has been a flop so far. Hopefully its first premier league season syndrome. Another one that needs a run of games. Hopefully he will get it now its clear several of our starters are just not up for it. I would be more than happy to see him and / or Bertie get a run. 

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Disappointing he has been a flop so far. Hopefully its first premier league season syndrome. Another one that needs a run of games. Hopefully he will get it now its clear several of our starters are just not up for it. I would be more than happy to see him and / or Bertie get a run. 

I think this is becoming more and more of a thing. 

If you judge new players on their first season at a new club then Jack has been City's worst signing in 100 years in terms of value for money. So few hit the ground running nowadays.

Bailey will come good, he's shown enough in the Bundesliga to make me confident he will, just like Jack will at Shitty. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â