Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ings must've started 20 + games this season. Trying to shoehorn him into the team basically got Dean the sack and dosen't look to me like Gerrard is going to have much more success either.

Considering he was always a solid double figures scorer for Burnley and Southampton in this league I think he's been a big failure.

He's scored three league goals since August.

I agree Ings has been a failure and last summer looks like an expensive flop overall. But the fact he scored loads last season, in the same league, proves we have a team that for some reason doesn’t work. I fear we’ll keep signing players and put them into the team only to find out they’ve suddenly become shit.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

3 hours ago, JPJCB said:

I’m not convinced the German league is anywhere near as good as people assume beyond Bayern. Sancho and Werner have hardly set the world alight in the prem despite ripping up the bundesliga. I think Bailey is in a similar mould. El Ghazi would probably do a more than decent job in that league 

That Kai Havertz lad has done Ok

8 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Him and Traore are basically the same.

Freestyle footballers who have no place in a professional game. They should be outside the stadium showing off their silky skills to impressionable young kids who will clap and cheer and keep away from the pitch where some amount of end product is expected.

I would rather watch freestyle players for Villa than shit like Scott Sinclair or Bolasie

Not sure why would have complaints 

I could be completely wrong, but I do question whether he has the attitude to go to the top and to make it work in the PL. 

He has ability, you can see that in the way he carries the ball, but I don’t know if he has that driving instinct to be a top class forward player in this division. He’s not particularly quick and doesn’t work anywhere near as hard as the likes of Buendia, Sanson, McGinn, Watkins etc.

Not sure we can afford to start him really. I’d be very surprised if Buendia doesn’t start over him in the next match. 

He may even be moved on in Summer if we can find a buyer to give us a fair chunk of the money back we spent on him. 

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I could be completely wrong, but I do question whether he has the attitude to go to the top and to make it work in the PL. 

He has ability, you can see that in the way he carries the ball, but I don’t know if he has that driving instinct to be a top class forward player in this division. He’s not particularly quick and doesn’t work anywhere near as hard as the likes of Buendia, Sanson, McGinn, Watkins etc.

Not sure we can afford to start him really. I’d be very surprised if Buendia doesn’t start over him in the next match. 

He may even be moved on in Summer if we can find a buyer to give us a fair chunk of the money back we spent on him. 

He is quick just that gerrards lame formation isnt utilising his strengths. He was bloody quick in that coubter attack against everton.

Why gerrard is not playing wingers as wingers when we have very good ones is a absolute mystery 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He is quick just that gerrards lame formation isnt utilising his strengths. He was bloody quick in that coubter attack against everton.

Why gerrard is not playing wingers as wingers when we have very good ones is a absolute mystery 

I can’t disagree with this. Perhaps it is the formation that means he can’t showcase his pace. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t disagree with this. Perhaps it is the formation that means he can’t showcase his pace. 

One thing i will give smith was he made us better at counter attacking. Under gerrard we look pretty hopeless on the counter attack.

With bailey he should be using him to spring attack. He has pace and skill but the way gerrard is using him he isnt playing to his strengths where he has pace to win into and cut in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Was he though? He had 70 yards of grass to run into unopposed.

Just from what I've seen on TV and in the flesh he is no way rapid. Not anymore anyway 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Was he though? He had 70 yards of grass to run into unopposed.

Just from what I've seen on TV and in the flesh he is no way rapid. Not anymore anyway 

The one time he did get a bit of space he tore the wolves defender apart and whipped a lovely cross in.

If you notice he hardly had any space to run into due

Poor counting attacking

Poor passing

Too much over passing before getting into the box allowing wolves to get players back

The boggest issue for me is the slowness of getting the ball forward.  It gets really frustrating at times

• Thanks 1

I would be happy for us to give Leon another season to find his form but to be honest, I am yet to see anything that excites me. He just doesn’t look that good. You can usually see a player in there but I’m struggling with this one. I think it’s much more likely that he will continue to underwhelm. 

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I would be happy for us to give Leon another season to find his form but to be honest, I am yet to see anything that excites me. He just doesn’t look that good. You can usually see a player in there but I’m struggling with this one. I think it’s much more likely that he will continue to underwhelm. 

Maybe just maybe because our manager doesn't play wide players 

If we sell him in summer which will be for a loss, he will tear it up at another team 

Have the people who are saying he isn’t quick even watching our games? He is rapid AF, easily one of our best players.

if you want to see him play well he has to be fully fit and played as a wide forward.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe just maybe because our manager doesn't play wide players 

If we sell him in summer which will be for a loss, he will tear it up at another team 

Exactly it’s not his fault we hired an idiot for a manager.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

There’s been plenty to show a player is in there. I think he has absolutely proven he’s capable of being an exciting player but many things are keeping him from being that consistently.

On 07/11/2021 at 11:13, R.Bear said:

We've had so many inconsistent, ineffective wide players in recent years that they all blend into one for me now.

Bailey is most definitely another one. He will probably be quietly sold in the summer and like the others, I doubt we will even notice.

My opinion on this guy hasn't changed in 6 months.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â