Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Just seen he's in the latest Jamaica squad.

Frustrating as they can't qualify for world cup and Antonio wasn't called up so get the feeling West Ham wanted him to miss this run of games as even though he went off v Spurs he wasn't injured.

Bailey could really do with two weeks of good training at VP. They play their last game late on 30th March so he ain't starting v Wolves unless we ask for him back after their second one.

Jamaica haven't actually called up that many U.K based players either, some random guy who plays for Morecambe, Ravel Morrison and two QPR players are the others.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Frustrating as they can't qualify for world cup and Antonio wasn't called up so get the feeling West Ham wanted him to miss this run of games as even though he went off v Spurs he wasn't injured.

Bailey could really do with two weeks of good training at VP. They play their last game late on 30th March so he ain't starting v Wolves unless we ask for him back after their second one.

Jamaica haven't actually called up that many U.K based players either, some random guy who plays for Morecambe, Ravel Morrison and two QPR players are the others.

New Manager, Whitmore was sacked, think we are going to try calling up players  who actually want to " play for the shirt " as opposed to people who's Aunties uncles great Grandad was Jamaican. Lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Probably need a different manager though, unless Gerrard opens up to the 4-2-3-1 like Smith did last season.

SG and his team need to be able to change things up when it isn't always working.  Being able to play a 4312, 433 or 4231 makes us less predictable and harder for teams to play against us.

There are a few people on Villa Facebook, upseta bout a clip of him sitting down, while Prince William and Wife are speaking to him in Jamaica. Say he's being " arrogant ".

I'm guessing he was meant to do a twirl, courtesy and bow to show respect to " royalty ". 🤦🏿

• Like 3

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham are in contention to qualify for Europe and in EL 1/4 final, we on the other hand are fighting to finish mid table.  Bailey hasn't played much this season, and not started many games since he came back from injury. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There are a few people on Villa Facebook, upseta bout a clip of him sitting down, while Prince William and Wife are speaking to him in Jamaica. Say he's being " arrogant ".

I'm guessing he was meant to do a twirl, courtesy and bow to show respect to " royalty ". 🤦🏿

Bailey probably gave William a discount coupon for his new clothing line so I’d guess there’s no hard feelings.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably the same idiots that criticised him for having a family dinner the day before the Southampton game a few weeks ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m sure Prince William appreciated being treated like a normal human being.

I went to the same University as William. 

A friend of mine on our Sunday League team once cleaned him out late after a clearance (he was a keeper). 

He got up, shouted "f**king reffffffffffffffff what was that" and carried on as normal. He's a perfectly normal guy*. 

If you could get past the two bodyguards on the touchlines and all that*.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m sure Prince William appreciated being treated like a normal human being.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Probably the same idiots that criticised him for having a family dinner the day before the Southampton game a few weeks ago

On top of that, turns out, he had actually been up and walking around with them all day.

Someone just decided to take that particular 3 second clip, and weaponise it for a desired result.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

On top of that, turns out, he had actually been up and walking around with them all day.

Someone just decided to take that particular 3 second clip, and weaponise it for a desired result.

Looks like the meeting never actually happened. Villareport has tweeted this photo. Fake news from Villareport as usual.

On another note, I'm not sure which of Leon or Will looks less prepared for a training session.:D

• Like 2

On 19/03/2022 at 21:48, AVTuco said:

When he comes on, I don't expect him to do much. Pretty much a waste of money.

powder puff.

but nothing would please me more than to see his bundesliga form.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

The concept of royalty in the 21st century is so f***ed up and people that bow to it (pardon the pun) are even more f****d up.

Yeah, a similar concept to when folk shun Authority( not saying Leon has, just a generalisation)....it kinda goes hand in hand.

I find it shows a kind of discipline to respect the crown, and it follows on from all the good values this country has stood for over the years, sure folk can find fault,with it, nothing is perfect.....its sort of in vogue to be anti establishment, or anti everything, and no one suggests they are perfect.

but without that inner discipline, what have we got?....a free for all.

Edited by TRO

Â