Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 hours ago, rbcuk said:

He’s going to struggle if we continue to play without wingers, unless he goes thru the middle up front 

Yo do know there still room to get in behind if he’s playing slightly more central? 

23 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yo do know there still room to get in behind if he’s playing slightly more central? 

There was no room behind the striker sat, with watford playing narrow, this is why we need him down the wing 

16 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Even if we change the system I don’t see where he fits in. I doubt we play him up top and he’s not getting ahead of Buendia or coutinho. That’s leaves a midfield place and we’ll be overrun if we play with two, assuming JJ is one of them. 

He gets in 4-2-3-1 in one of the wide spots surely, that was whole point of buying him.

Yes midfield will remain issue for rest of the season but we can surely play that system v likes of Burnley and Norwich which are really key games now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He gets in 4-2-3-1 in one of the wide spots surely, that was whole point of buying him.

Yes midfield will remain issue for rest of the season but we can surely play that system v likes of Burnley and Norwich which are really key games now.

I’m honestly not having him over Buendia or coutinho. Neither of them play in the middle, I would rather have JJ there 

Anyone else finding it strange Bailey wasn’t at all involved against Brighton yesterday?

Before the game I thought Brighton would be perfect for him, with them expected to dominate the ball and Villa looking to hit them on the break.

Only last week Gerrard spoke about how it was time for Bailey to step forward.

6 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Anyone else finding it strange Bailey wasn’t at all involved against Brighton yesterday?

Before the game I thought Brighton would be perfect for him, with them expected to dominate the ball and Villa looking to hit them on the break.

Only last week Gerrard spoke about how it was time for Bailey to step forward.

Nah... After Ollie scored we needed to see the game out calm heads were needed, to keep us tight and stop Brighton getting back in it.

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah, I meant before that. I would have expected him to start, esp when Buendia didn’t .

But that wasn’t the shape we lined up with, unless you thought he’d play as one of the two up top or in the hole in place of Coutinho? 

23 minutes ago, mole86 said:

But that wasn’t the shape we lined up with, unless you thought he’d play as one of the two up top or in the hole in place of Coutinho? 

Again, before the game yesterday I expected him to be involved and I’m curious about why Gerrard made other choices leaving him out. The choices obviously worked well and I’m not complaining.

I think if we don't have a system to incorporate a player of Bailey's abilities then that says that there's a dimension to our coaching that is perhaps lacking.

It's also questionable business, management and recruitment from the club, as he is a solid investment and you would think we want to optimise his value and worth. Whether that's from a football perspective with his contributions, or from a financial perspective. 

I want to see him play.

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey needs to be starting games soon or he will look for a move in the summer

His dad (or step dad, can’t remember which), was very arrogant when he signed, saying something along the lines of he’ll be off if we don’t make Europe. 

He came across as a right prick tbh, albeit I know he’s done some very admirable things with his sons and the footballing side of things. Perhaps he should have been more humble at the time and realised his son may have been a star in the bundesliga but that means absolutely nothing when moving to a better, quicker league. 

I hope Bailey settles, but something tells me that the system, and the lack of game time will have frustrated him enough to possibly want to move this Summer. I can certainly see his dad thinking that way. 

Personally, I think he can be a success here. I think he has most of the tools to be a very good PL player, it’s just going to take a lot of hard work and effort, especially as we don’t play with wingers! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

His dad (or step dad, can’t remember which), was very arrogant when he signed, saying something along the lines of he’ll be off if we don’t make Europe. 

He came across as a right prick tbh, albeit I know he’s done some very admirable things with his sons and the footballing side of things. Perhaps he should have been more humble at the time and realised his son may have been a star in the bundesliga but that means absolutely nothing when moving to a better, quicker league. 

I hope Bailey settles, but something tells me that the system, and the lack of game time will have frustrated him enough to possibly want to move this Summer. I can certainly see his dad thinking that way. 

Personally, I think he can be a success here. I think he has most of the tools to be a very good PL player, it’s just going to take a lot of hard work and effort, especially as we don’t play with wingers! 

Thats how i see it with his dad. He will feel he should be a star player. I remember the comment he wont let his son play for "losers"

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd rather Traore play based on balance of what I've seen from both and that doesn't even mean starts for either

I don't think we'll see Traore again in a Villa shirt. And rightly so after that Brentford performance. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bailey needs to be starting games soon or he will look for a move in the summer

Bailey needs to get his head down and put a shift in or he will be sold in the summer. 

All good and well his old man giving it the biggun in a Mickey Mouse league, He’s now in the best league in the world and struggling to get a tune out of him. 

• Like 1

Â