Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

The fact that we have so many exiting attacking options at the minute, and that's without Bailey being back feels so strange and unusual. Really looking forward to seeing him back fit, as I think he could really enjoy playing with Coutinho and an in-form Emi.

Might get laughed at, but some of the little flicks, bits of skill, breaking ankles, and bursts of pace, are what Leon is capable of and known for, at his best.

Just needs to stay fit, and i'm confident the rest will come, with the right support , coaching, and game time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Sensible not to rush him. If one of Buendia or Coutinho don’t make it I’d push Ramsey further forward and bring Sanson in. 

I agree. JR with his strength and pace would be a great switch to the 10 and replacement for Coutinho or Emi in games if needed. I'm sure he will end up adapting into several roles over time but I think he'd be perfect to link up top when we are looking to relieve pressure and see games out. He's got all the attributes and I think he could punish teams on the counter as he has been. Good shout

38 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree. JR with his strength and pace would be a great switch to the 10 and replacement for Coutinho or Emi in games if needed. I'm sure he will end up adapting into several roles over time but I think he'd be perfect to link up top when we are looking to relieve pressure and see games out. He's got all the attributes and I think he could punish teams on the counter as he has been. Good shout

Ramsey has started two games as one of the 10s, against Leicester and Liverpool. He was more or less invisible in those games and got subbed off. 🤔

I love Ramsey but think it’s better for him as a young player to really get to know his best position. He’s developing like crazy now and some of his greatest strenghts are carrying the ball forward himself or through 1-2s with others. As a 10 or semi-winger he would probably do less of that.

11 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Ramsey has started two games as one of the 10s, against Leicester and Liverpool. He was more or less invisible in those games and got subbed off. 🤔

I love Ramsey but think it’s better for him as a young player to really get to know his best position. He’s developing like crazy now and some of his greatest strenghts are carrying the ball forward himself or through 1-2s with others. As a 10 or semi-winger he would probably do less of that.

So you would play Chuckwumeka or Mcginn as a 10 against Newcastle?! 

3 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

technically he did score in that Leicester game but a stupid VAR decision, he was also subbed 85 minutes for a defensive player when we were winning

Â