Three lions on a shirt - favourite England kits

Xela

I do have to admit that the current England shirt is very nice, Much better than the last few efforts. Possibly Nike's best.

I've got a few from the late 90s and early 00s. My all time favourites though:

All about Umbro for me! 

1) 1990 Third 

Amazing how iconic this shirt is - only wore it once I think in 1991 in an away qualifier. 

mxJJiLh.jpeg

2) 1996 Home - also really like the Grey away one as well. 

nqAQTXZ.jpeg

3) 1998 Away

Uz4XAWm.jpeg

Notable nods to the 2006 Home and of course, the 1966 away and the early 80's Admiral kits. The latter ones before my time so miss out for me. 

As a fan 2010 hands down, best football shirt ever made, super comfortable and looked clean and smart 

Umbro went through a good run, currently sat wearing the 2012 away, same really it's a dark blue polo shirt, best thing is the material, I can wear this all day whereas the usual football shirt of the dry fit or whatever tag they put on it, the material designed to absorb sweat I can't wear that more than a couple of hours 

Will put the current home shirt on for the game tonight, not a fan of it but it's at least a really bright white 

1. I’m an outlier I think as my all time favourite was the 2010-2012 one with the multicoloured crosses across the shoulders. It was a perfect fit that shirt. Up there with the chequered Nike Villa shirt. 

2nd fave was the one before it, the all white collared one. 

3. Then the euro 96 one. 

4. The Umbro 2012 dark blue with light blue collar away. 

Another Umbro favourite was the red one with the blue collar in 2000

That thing was like a towel though 😂

Wish I still had some of these... I think between 2000 and the end of the Umbro deal I had all of them or at least 1 of the home or away 

@Ingram85 the 2010-12 one was on a hiding to nothing because of my love for the one before, I also found that the shoulder patch with the colours on it discoloured and wasn't the same white as the rest of the shirt 

I always quite liked the 96’ Umbro shirt, that was the first England shirt I had. The 2010 shirt was nice but a little too like a normal polo shirt rather than a football shirt. 

I also fondly remember the 98’ shirt, or did, I’ve just looked it up and can now see it’s horrendous. I loved wearing that back then. 

5A64909A-FA41-4025-A8D8-D491B9C5F2D2.jpeg

Edited by It's Your Round

My first one was the red away kit they had before they went grey in 96 and always loved it.  Then I liked the run of kits they had with variations of the St George's cross on but not so much since then.  This current one is OK but still a bit lazy Nike bollocks.

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I always quite liked the 96’ Umbro shirt, that was the first England shirt I had. The 2010 shirt was nice but a little too like a normal polo shirt rather than a football shirt. 

I also fondly remember the 98’ shirt, or did, I’ve just looked it up and can now see it’s horrendous. I loved wearing that back then. 

5A64909A-FA41-4025-A8D8-D491B9C5F2D2.jpeg

I've still got that. In a box somewhere 

I even had 'Shearer 9' on the back :D 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2021 at 02:06, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This one and the LDV vans shirt are my favourites.I have both of them.

1982 World Cup was a classic.  First football kit I ever owned too, had the home and away versions and I bloody loved them.   Loved the 86 shirt too. 

England 1982 Withe.jpg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â