Villa's Woman's team and their topics

CarryOnVilla

Question

A question has arose to where do topics for Villa Ladies and their players belong?

Some users would like it all to have it's own sub-forum, So it's not "cluttering the the main Villa Talk sub-forum". Some other users suggesting it's better place for the topics to have their own sub-forum, as they wont get lost in the shuffle of a busier sub-forum. Others state these topics as "annoying".

Me and some others feel the Ladies team topics should remain in the main Villa Talk sub-forum. I'm suggesting it should stay there because that sub-form is used for all things Aston Villa, from all the male teams, players, the executives, the owners, the clubs vision and other things regarding the club, The Villa ladies and their players should have equal place within this sub-forum, because they are equally part of the club. Another user stated, "despite having little interest in Woman's football or Villa Ladies, being exposed to the ladies team's topics on the main sub-forum has made them more interested than they had before." I feel this passive exposure will help other users to gain more appreciation to the female side of the game, in particular, Villa's brand of it. One club, one support.

Some compromises were suggested, One that is limited posts regarding the ladies team. Another was to have a [W] at the beginning of the topic header so other users know what topic is regarding.  

How do other users feel? also what do the moderators and site owners feel? 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
typo
  • Like 2

I mean as annoyances go, it's pretty damn minor.  99% of the time it's pretty clear that it's about a female player just by the name. 

I mean who is looking at a thread called Sarah Mayling then getting pissed off because they thought it was a thread connected to the men's team. 

Nothing to see here. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Whilst I'm very glad to have a follower (just need one or two more to feel like a real cult leader) don't feel you need to read all my posts, they're really not that interesting. 

Right, that's it. You are unfollowed! 

schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

• Sad 1
On 22/07/2021 at 14:47, Stevo985 said:

Doesn't bother me. If they're tagged I don't see the issue.

I could understand if there were loads and loads of threads about the women's team. But there isn't. There's a small handful.

There's a small handful because people have only just started creating them though. If all of the women's squad members had their own thread - as opposed to just those we've signed this summer - then presumably there would be roughly 25 women's player threads, plus maybe one for the manager and some others for key members of backroom staff etc.

*Personally*, I don't care; I support both the men's and women's teams, and think both are On Topic, so fine where they are. But if people think threads connected to the women's game are 'clutter' and are going to get annoyed if we sign players with names that could be mistaken for male, then maybe people would be happier with a women's sub-forum under the On Topic section, and I don't think that would be the end of the world. Those who are interested in the women's team would probably be happier if those who aren't interested didn't come in anyway (I know I would be).

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

There's a small handful because people have only just started creating them though. If all of the women's squad members had their own thread - as opposed to just those we've signed this summer - then presumably there would be roughly 25 women's player threads, plus maybe one for the manager and some others for key members of backroom staff etc.

*Personally*, I don't care; I support both the men's and women's teams, and think both are On Topic, so fine where they are. But if people think threads connected to the women's game are 'clutter' and are going to get annoyed if we sign players with names that could be mistaken for male, then maybe people would be happier with a women's sub-forum under the On Topic section, and I don't think that would be the end of the world. Those who are interested in the women's team would probably be happier if those who aren't interested didn't come in anyway (I know I would be).

If loads turn up then it might be an issue. As it is I don't think it's an issue.

I don't think many people on here have a genuine interest in the women's team anyway so I imagine the topics will drop off the front page pretty quickly anyway. You already have to go to the third page of On Topic to find the first topic about the women's team (I think)

Edited by Stevo985