Villan_of_oz

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Exactly, we losing a big asset (intended) for a sentimental add on to an already complicated deal. 

The couple thing is already gearing up as a marketing thing,  what could lead to a lot exposure for them and now Juve.  Villa is going to miss out on all that for her small transfer fee (£45k)

Gosh. That’s nothing. It’s really frustrating to lose both of them that way. Perhaps the attention away from them both might help our respective teams grow in the long run. Especially if this couple thing becomes itself a social media brand for Juve moving forward. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Gosh. That’s nothing. It’s really frustrating to lose both of them that way. Perhaps the attention away from them both might help our respective teams grow in the long run. Especially if this couple thing becomes itself a social media brand for Juve moving forward. 

Peanuts isn’t it? Her  value and wage is nothing compared to what she adds to the club’s marketing alone. But yeah the couple brand thing is cringe, but I wouldn’t be surprised it would attract a whole new fan base/revenue to what ever club/squads has to put up with it. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

In an era where so much of football support revolves less around club affiliation but who certain players play for, losing Alisha from a marketing stand point alone is a big loss for our visibility in the women’s game. She’s still an international-level athlete too. I just think it’s a sad reflection of this era that we are now negotiating a couple’s deal because Dougie allegedly insisted upon it. 

more soap opera/love island than football 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Whereas it's sad, to me, that instead of female footballers being discussed for their footballing ability on a football forum, it's 90% about their looks/arse.

Each to their own.

Edit:  And before you post "virtue signalling!" as you always do, it isn't that.  It's just not appealing to me, personally.  I'm not offended, it's just a bit of a shame. Very much each to their own.

Wish you had brought the same energy to the Morgan Sanson thread

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but we are going around in circles here.

Good female footballers get discussed for their footballing ability all the time. ( So this is false )

Alisha gets discussed for her backside and looks because it is what she heavily markets and acknowledges.

It's not complicated, it's people who are trying to complicate it by blanketing based on her.

How often have you seen " inappropriate ' comments about Rachel Daly, Sam Kerr, Lauren James or Kadijah Shaw?

Thats not true though. Why does Lehmann have a 19 page thread and I dont think Rachel Daly even has a thread on here

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

more soap opera/love island than football 

A distraction we can do without. At least we don’t have to worry about their cringe TikTok stuff now 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Wish you had brought the same energy to the Morgan Sanson thread

Just about enough discussion over him being shit that it's OK.

I've got my eye on that Alex Moreno one, though...

Shame to see her go as she seems like a lovely person. I go to the women’s games with my daughter from time to time and though undoubtedly an icon of the women’s game she’s a fairly average player tbf. The image rights thing is complicated I think, we probably don’t have as much in the contract as we might have done, judging by the few bits of “content” that show up now again, the usual pics in lead up to games, the occasional interview, which are rarely that insightful and prob just contractual obligations. Her media empire is her own, and fair play to her, she can take that anywhere and I doubt her PR team would be keen to give too much of that away. Juve no doubt think they can capitalise on it and on her relationship with Dougie, good luck to em, but it’s a bit of a gamble if they’re paying big bucks in wages, as they may not be together for ever and a mr and mrs brand will obviously look a bit shit if they split up; and as I said the Lehmann brand isn’t theirs to own so… 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just about enough discussion over him being shit that it's OK.

I've got my eye on that Alex Moreno one, though...

A man so handsome it crosses sexual orientation borders.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I've been around long enough to remember VT's own 'Lovely Ladies Thread (baps not flaps)'.

Just a thread about Baselayers, right? 😌

Â