Villan_of_oz

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I'm honest, I'm still not even sure what the " crappy behaviour " you're referring to is.

I see:

A. Some people saying she's not all that ( I've also been consistent thinking that for yonks )

B. People having a bit of banter about her backside... Which is literally what she is world famous for, advertises and embraces... This isn't some sort.of secret perv meeting on VT which only the " creepy old men " are invited to.

I've seen many similar banter.type comments in threads about male players as well.

So I'm not sure what's going on here? 

She has built her career with Football being the secondary consideration. Not so long ago there was pictures of her canoodling with other female footballers whilst in full kit etc, as you say she openly embraces the female attraction part of her image and does very well out of it so fair play to the girl. I know who she is by the way she looks (arse and long blonde hair) and I’ve no idea how well she plays football as I’ve never watched her and I don’t think that would bother her one bit 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

She has built her career with Football being the secondary consideration. Not so long ago there was pictures of her canoodling with other female footballers whilst in full kit etc, as you say she openly embraces the female attraction part of her image and does very well out of it so fair play to the girl. I know who she is by the way she looks (arse and long blonde hair) and I’ve no idea how well she plays football as I’ve never watched her and I don’t think that would bother her one bit 

I've had to post and delete multiple times.

Bizarre to me that some people can't just have a laugh these days, especially on a football forum, amongst lads.

The person trying to equate the banter to " rape " culture or terminology particularly rubbed me the wrong way and I went on a bit of a ( now deleted ) rant.

Anyway we've got more important things to worry about.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bizarre to me that some people can't just have a laugh these days, especially on a football forum, amongst lads.

The person trying to equate the banter to " rape " culture or terminology particularly rubbed me the wrong way and I went on a bit of a ( now deleted ) rant.

Anyway we've got more important things to worry about.

Lad culture is shit in general but not all posters on here are male

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah and reading some of the comments would probably put a few off posting more 

• Like 3

She is the most followed female footballer in the world as far as I'm aware, she is huge marketing asset. Be huge shame to lose her.

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fair point.

However what gets me is that, I'm pretty sure most of us on here are actually decent blokes in real life who come on here to blow off some steam, follow up on the club, have civil discussion and a laugh with the boys.

I think sterotyping " lad culture " as " bad " is blanket labeling everyone. 

Most.of us are decent enough to know our limits I would assume?

My ACTUAL life is pretty boring 😂

We live and we learn!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If this was Daly leaving, I would care.

2 goals all season? 

Oh well.

That's better than most of the rest of the team managed this season to be fair...

I don't watch women's football as it's like watching paint dry. (Yes, I am allowed to say that)

But I have heard of this woman simply because she likes to get her body out on Instagram. 

I don't find her particularly attractive and don't get the obsession at all, but she seems more of a Instagram model than a footballer. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Quick note if anybody wants access to the dirty old man and perv section drop me a PM as I’m admin

I've been around long enough to remember VT's own 'Lovely Ladies Thread (baps not flaps)'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Whereas it's sad, to me, that instead of female footballers being discussed for their footballing ability on a football forum, it's 90% about their looks/arse.

Each to their own.

Edit:  And before you post "virtue signalling!" as you always do, it isn't that.  It's just not appealing to me, personally.  I'm not offended, it's just a bit of a shame. Very much each to their own.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Whereas it's sad, to me, that instead of female footballers being discussed for their footballing ability on a football forum, it's 90% about their looks/arse.

Each to their own.

Edit:  And before you post "virtue signalling!" as you always do, it isn't that.  It's just not appealing to me, personally.  I'm not offended, it's just a bit of a shame. Very much each to their own.

Yeah but we are going around in circles here.

Good female footballers get discussed for their footballing ability all the time. ( So this is false )

Alisha gets discussed for her backside and looks because it is what she heavily markets and acknowledges.

It's not complicated, it's people who are trying to complicate it by blanketing based on her.

How often have you seen " inappropriate ' comments about Rachel Daly, Sam Kerr, Lauren James or Kadijah Shaw?

Let's not play dumb here for the sake of suiting a narrative.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good female footballers get discussed for their footballing ability all the time. ( So this is false )

Alisha gets discussed for her backside and looks because it is what she heavily markets and acknowledges.

It's not complicated, it's people who are trying to complicate it by blanketing based on her.

How often have you seen " inappropriate ' comments about Rachel Daly, Sam Kerr, Lauren James or Kadijah Shaw?

You're getting all sassy today! I like it.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree it's not complicated.  Some people want to perve over her, and that's fine.  Others will call out any particularly crass comments, and that's also fine.  You don't need to get defensive over it.

On the other footballers, they're barely mentioned (maybe they're not deemed attractive enough for discussion?  I don't know).  Rachel Daly - the WPL top goalscorer 2 seasons ago - has a thread that isn't even 1 full page long.  I don't think people even discuss Kerr, James or Shaw as they don't play for Villa.  But the very first comment on Lehmann signing?  It's about her looks.

I'm not sure this is playing dumb or pursuing a narrative, it's just very evidently the case for some people.

• Like 1

I feel it’s reasonable to discuss her for her marketing abilities. Those are probably more notable than her football abilities. 

bit of a shame that we have have so little to say about her footballing abilities, but she doesn’t seem that bothered. 

And I’m a tad sad that we are losing her to a club that doesn’t need that marketing boost. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel it’s reasonable to discuss her for her marketing abilities. Those are probably more notable than her football abilities. 

bit of a shame that we have have so little to say about her footballing abilities, but she doesn’t seem that bothered. 

And I’m a tad sad that we are losing her to a club that doesn’t need that marketing boost. 

In an era where so much of football support revolves less around club affiliation but who certain players play for, losing Alisha from a marketing stand point alone is a big loss for our visibility in the women’s game. She’s still an international-level athlete too. I just think it’s a sad reflection of this era that we are now negotiating a couple’s deal because Dougie allegedly insisted upon it. 

Edited by The_Steve

Just now, The_Steve said:

In an era where so much of football support revolves less around club affiliation but who certain players play for, losing Alisha from a marketing stand point alone is a big loss for our visibility in the women’s game. She’s still an international-level athlete too. I just think it’s a sad reflection of the time that we are now negotiating a couple’s deal because Dougie allegedly insisted upon it. 

Exactly, we losing a big asset (intended) for a sentimental add on to an already complicated deal. 

The couple thing is already gearing up as a marketing thing,  what could lead to a lot exposure for them and now Juve.  Villa is going to miss out on all that for her small transfer fee (£45k)

5 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

This is one of the reasons why the women’s game needs parity with the men’s.

Cant really build anything long term if players are only on 1/2 year contracts.

Same issue with lower league men's football FWIW.

7 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

This is one of the reasons why the women’s game needs parity with the men’s.

Cant really build anything long term if players are only on 1/2 year contracts.

That’s a big problem also. I didn’t realise it was so standard and I hope we can make bigger investments to ensure we protect our assets and ensuring pay and other conditions keep the women in the long run. 

Â