Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

There is no way we are going in this hard for a player without knowledge that the player wants to come.

My take is Arsenal definitely don't want to sell but we have sold him the dream of a 1st team slot.

Going to be very interesting to see if he holds his nerve in not signing that contract. This may even roll into January or even next summer though.

I think its a waiting game now.

Yeh pretty much. But it's a strange one for ESR, as if Arsenal dig their heels in and he has to ride out his contract, that's a situation he can't really win. But it's likely Arsenal can't actually afford that situation anyway, considering their debts. 

• Like 1

I really don't get this transfer. I want it to happen, boy do I want it to happen, but it's just very odd. Villa aren't bidding for the sake of bidding. They are being encouraged to bid. They've obviously sold the project to ESR and his agent and are offering ESR exactly what he wants contract wise. 

At first, it came across as a story for ESR to get more money from Arsenal but the longer it drags on, the longer I think there is something in it. 

If it does happen, the deal will be closer to 40m I imagine and I'm positive that you'll see Arsenal unveil a new 50m+ no.10 before ESR is allowed to leave. Both to appease the fans and obviously because they don't want to let a player go before bringing in a replacement. 

There is also no way ESR joins Villa if Grealish leaves. He's made it clear he looks up to him as a player and models his game around his style of play. If ESR joins, I genuinely think Grealish isn't going anywhere. Certainly not this season. 

• Like 3

Just to echo a few posters already, ESR's agent must be indicating he wants, or is at the very least, is interested in the move. Our management don't strike me as the kind to just continually bid of a player if they haven't got a good chance of getting them. I'm sure arsenal don't want to sell, but someone is clearly still indicating to us that a deal is there to be done.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really don't get this transfer. I want it to happen, boy do I want it to happen, but it's just very odd. Villa aren't bidding for the sake of bidding. They are being encouraged to bid. They've obviously sold the project to ESR and his agent and are offering ESR exactly what he wants contract wise. 

At first, it came across as a story for ESR to get more money from Arsenal but the longer it drags on, the longer I think there is something in it. 

If it does happen, the deal will be closer to 40m I imagine and I'm positive that you'll see Arsenal unveil a new 50m+ no.10 before ESR is allowed to leave. Both to appease the fans and obviously because they don't want to let a player go before bringing in a replacement. 

There is also no way ESR joins Villa if Grealish leaves. He's made it clear he looks up to him as a player and models his game around his style of play. If ESR joins, I genuinely think Grealish isn't going anywhere. Certainly not this season. 

I agree--I actually think if we signed ESR, I'd be more confident in Grealish staying than it being a replacement.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I agree that Grealish is not leaving if we're signing players like this.

If we want to keep Grealish I think we need to target top six next season, no matter how difficult that seems. We have the money, the right owners, manager and a superstar in Jack.

Damn, we seem really serious about him.

On the one hand, I'm not sure he's really done enough to warrant the price we would probably need to pay to pry him away from Arsenal. Would certainly be a gamble.

On the other hand, seeing the reactions of Arsenal fans to this would certainly be entertaining.

15 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Back to Arsenal mania for me this morning!

"Aston Villa need to sit down and recognise their place"

god i want this transfer to happen...so, so much. i have literally no clue what he's like. i don't even care if he's crap. but i'll be **** buzzing if we get him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

On the one hand, I'm not sure he's really done enough to warrant the price we would probably need to pay to pry him away from Arsenal. Would certainly be a gamble.

On the other hand, seeing the reactions of Arsenal fans to this would certainly be entertaining.

This one is worth it even if he never kicks a ball!

Crazy Laugh GIF

I’m sorry to bring the cold water to the party, but I simply cannot see how Arsenal could even contemplate allowing this to happen, their fans will be outside the emirates with pitchforks. Kroenke is having to try and put out the fires that are still burning post ESL shambles, letting ESR move to Villa would be the equivalent of pouring petrol onto those fires. And for that reason, I’m out!bbc two dragon GIF by BBC