Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d be inclined to agree if ESR didn’t love Arsenal so much. 

He’s an Arsenal fan and I’d be shocked if he wanted to sign for us. 

But you never know, if we’re offering him 75k a week when Arsenal are only offering him 40k, money talks. That and he will be a guaranteed starter at 10 for us. Stranger things have happened. 

Dont even need to go that overboard. Living in London is mega expensive. Offering him the same or 50k living in Little Aston/Sutton will feel the same as 75k in London

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Dont even need to go that overboard. Living in London is mega expensive. Offering him the same or 50k living in Little Aston/Sutton will feel the same as 75k in London

Agreed but not sure that footballers really care much about that sort of thing. I’m pretty sure they can live anywhere in London if they’re earning anything above 10k a week. 

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Problem is for us is that they have other youngsters they are looking to shift on who they should be able to relatively easily (unless they are stupid and greedy) Maitland-Niles, Reiss Nelson, Nketiah, Willock, are all good young players who will find clubs willing… if they are really serious then they will need fo cough up and pay £££ 

Yeah Willock's another in that category of he should get a proper chance at Arsenal given his form for Newcastle but you can see Kroenke eyes flashing at getting 25m. TBH he wouldn't be a bad pick up for us, goalscoring and energetic box to box midfielder, stuff McGinn used to do most weeks.

Maitland Niles wasn't that good at West Brom, Nelson barely played for 18 months and I find Nketiah an incredibly limited striker, blimey if people think Tammy is just a tap in merchant then Nketiah offers even less to team build up as Bielsa swiftly concluded when he had him at Leeds and started about two games in six months.

I think Arsenal shortfall for not being in europe is about 30m considering they usually get to SF of the tournament.

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But you never know, if we’re offering him 75k a week when Arsenal are only offering him 40k, money talks. That and he will be a guaranteed starter at 10 for us. Stranger things have happened. 

Arsenal are certainly low balling him in the contract talks. If we're offering 30m that will be him in 70-80k wage bracket for us if not more so would be very tempting.

Sure he's in contact still with Emi who'll obviously be bigging us up.

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You clearly haven’t got the memo. Players only care about money, which is why Jack is going to Man City for £400m a week and we’re going to help Man City to pay him by accepting £3.48 and a couple of iTunes vouchers. Get with the programme man, it’s all over Twatter. 

• Like 1

Not on Twitter or Instagram - are Villa fans bombarding him asking him to sign and telling him how much we’d love him to come ? If not why not ?! 

Edited by thabucks

There is no way we are going in this hard for a player without knowledge that the player wants to come.

My take is Arsenal definitely don't want to sell but we have sold him the dream of a 1st team slot.

Going to be very interesting to see if he holds his nerve in not signing that contract. This may even roll into January or even next summer though.

I think its a waiting game now.

Edited by Nigel

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

There is no way we are going in this hard for a player without knowledge that the player wants to come.

My take is Arsenal definitely don't want to sell but we have sold him the dream of a 1st team slot. Going to be very interesting to see if he holds his nerve in not signing that contract. This may even roll into January or even next summer though.

I think its a waiting game now.

Wedding Crashers Movie GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 1