Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

16 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Multiple clubs were in for him. For whatever reason he chose Spurs. 

Ouch - that hurts if True.

If he'd gone to a CL club I could accept he was out our league. Really think we have missed out here and will regret this.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ouch - that hurts if True.

If he'd gone to a CL club I could accept he was out our league. Really think we have missed out here and will regret this.

There are hundreds of 18 year olds with potential out there (we have few of them ourselves). If we need a midfielder, we need one who can step in and do the job right now.

Spurs can allow him to learn on the job giving him some minutes in the Europa conference league probably.

Good luck to him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

There are hundreds of 18 year olds with potential out there (we have few of them ourselves). If we need a midfielder, we need one who can step in and do the job right now.

Spurs can allow him to learn on the job giving him some minutes in the Europa conference league probably.

Good luck to him.

The rumour is £10m + £5m add ons and he spends a further year at Metz on loan.

So not for the current season. Still they have a very good deal for £15m.

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Good luck to him.

Amen to that. I'd rather we gave Chuk a go than spend £15m on someone the same age as him (well, 11 months older). Iroegbunam is a month older than Sarr. 

• Like 2

According to Get French Football the fee is going to be closer to £20m and he will go back on loan to Metz for the season. I would have liked to sign him just because he sounds like the type of player we've needed for a while and it's always good to sign promising young players, but not sure how people can act like it's some major disappointment that he's not coming to us, as most of those people won't have seen him play.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

So not for the current season. Still they have a very good deal for £15m.

Exactly not what we looking for. We looking for someone for this season.

It's only a good deal if he develops as they expect him to. Still a gamble.

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

Well we paid a similar fee for Sanson - who was supposedly purchased for the following season. 

As you say it's a gamble. 

Also the £15m figure only seems cheap now because of the previous rumours of him moving for £25m plus, but those figures were always likely to be made up. £15m is probably what you'd expect to pay for a up and coming young player out of France that has performed well in his first season, especially with the financial difficulties in that league.

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Amen to that. I'd rather we gave Chuk a go than spend £15m on someone the same age as him (well, 11 months older). Iroegbunam is a month older than Sarr. 

But neither of those has racked up the first team appearances or attention of top clubs that Sarr has.

If those pair step into the first team over the next 12 months ago fair enough. Although Chuck plays in a different position.

Sarr s tough tacking and sweeping passes & through balls made him look and ideal fit for us. Not to be -  never mind.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

But neither of those has racked up the first team appearances or attention of top clubs that Sarr has.

If those pair step into the first team over the next 12 months ago fair enough. Although Chuck plays in a different position.

Sarr s tough tacking and sweeping passes & through balls made him look and ideal fit for us. Not to be -  never mind.

I think if Chuk was available, all the top teams in Europe would be linked. They have in the past. 

I note your point about first team games, Sarr has played 22 I think, but its always tougher for youngsters to get time in the PL as opposed to France or Germany. They seem to be more open to playing youngsters. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Landan innit, streets paved with gold, the Krays only ever killed there own, could leave you doors unlocked, novern monkeys etc etc

Always looked after their dear old Mum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Landan innit, streets paved with gold, the Krays only ever killed there own, could leave you doors unlocked, novern monkeys etc etc

Also the small matter of finishing above us for about 15 years.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Always looked after their dear old Mum. 

Gawwwd Bless her and Gawwwd bless the Queens Mavver, there was three of them in her marriage. mines a light and bitter

34 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

But if we’ve got the money it’s not a bad idea investing in these players. We’re fantastic at bringing in players for the development team, but the bigger teams are very good at buying top young talent that are already getting first team football, and then loaning them back for a season or two.

Edited by jacketspuds

Â