James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think it's important we sign Ward Prowse this summer. He's exactly what we need to finish off this squad restructure. He's worth paying 40m for.

It's not end of the world going with midfielders we've got though and trying again next summer for him. I'm not keen on Cantwell 

There has to be a line of sensibility for us though.

As much as i'd like him, the money they would want is stupid.

Just because we have the money, doesn't mean we should be stupid with it.

Leon can take a good freekick as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Can't be that re-occuring he was ever present last season

re-occurring during this close season, I misread. Either way it's being quoted as reason we might not sign him.... if you believe that.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/james-ward-prowse-aston-villa-5743967

Southampton drop James Ward-Prowse bombshell amid Aston Villa transfer interest

Southampton look set to remain without their captain for the remainder of the summer with the 26-year-old now at risk of missing the opening round of the Premier League season.

Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse could miss the start of the Premier League season with the very same knee injury that has plagued his summer months, Ralph Hasenhuttl has revealed.

Edited by VillanousOne

All I know is our interest in him *was* genuine, and I’m 90% sure of that from what I heard. No idea if it will happen - seems much trickier than the Ings move given contract situation, and I think Saints will be asking for a price that is likely to be above our valuation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s got a blue tick thingy so who are we to question this. 

So has Ty Bracey and he is not even professionally involved in the sport. The only reason he has it is that he called Benteke's agent once pretending to be Brendan Rodgers and happened to get a scoop - later getting some news coverage over it.

Gary  Poulton appeared on the Apprentice so had a blue tick. I doubt that gives him ITK credibility about football matters. 

Edited by Made In Aston

41 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

All I know is our interest in him *was* genuine, and I’m 90% sure of that from what I heard. No idea if it will happen - seems much trickier than the Ings move given contract situation, and I think Saints will be asking for a price that is likely to be above our valuation.

100% genuine. They don’t want to sell but need the money - so it’s a difficult one!

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Someone on twitter has said the captain of a Premier League club is definitely staying.  Naturally I believe them.

Really sticking his neck out there!

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The one thing I've learnt from the Grealish 'saga' is that there is a food chain and whether we like it or not, we're part of it and we need to do to clubs, what City did to us. 

All this nonsense about JWP loving the club and being at his boyhood club is drivel. If NSWE travel down to St. Mary's, boot the door off the hinges of Geo Jisheng's office, dicks in hand, and whack forty million big ones down on his desk, we'll see how 'not for sale' JWP is.

And that isn't a slight at Southampton. I very much like them as a club. We're just more ambitious than they are at this moment in time. 

coupled with the fact that JWP is actually a pompey fan...he may respect them but has no emotional attachment

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The one thing I've learnt from the Grealish 'saga' is that there is a food chain and whether we like it or not, we're part of it and we need to do to clubs, what City did to us. 

All this nonsense about JWP loving the club and being at his boyhood club is drivel. If NSWE travel down to St. Mary's, boot the door off the hinges of Geo Jisheng's office, dicks in hand, and whack forty million big ones down on his desk, we'll see how 'not for sale' JWP is.

And that isn't a slight at Southampton. I very much like them as a club. We're just more ambitious than they are at this moment in time. 

su4wHM8.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d love to see this and not see this at the same time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Never heard of Gary Poulton but he seems convinced that JWP is coming. 

He’s got a blue tick thingy so who are we to question this. 

I'd never heard of C J Golson and he seemed convinced Jack Grealish was staying. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â