Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Kamara is a bit of a freak tbh. Last time he had a bad injury he came back quicker than expected and came straight back into the team and it was as if he had never been injured. 

Will take Buendia (and most other players) far more time to get back up to speed. 

Plus Kamara is a better player so his use to the team outweighs Buendia's.

23 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Typical wrongun behaviour from The Twitter Account Formerly Known As Thatcherlover. A shame the record even has to be corrected.

The apology was comical though :D

Edited by Tom13

On 25/10/2024 at 09:31, Stevo985 said:

Kamara played a few minutes

And if Kamara does get immediately back up to speed, then he's the exception in the situation. Not Buendia

It's far more common for a player to take a while to get back into form after a huge injury than it is for a player to be ready immediately

Yeah that's true, I certainly hope it is that way!

On 24/10/2024 at 12:36, Stevo985 said:

Continues to amaze me that Villa fans have still failed to adjust to needing a champions league squad. As soon as a player isn't quite featuring every week there's talk of selling them and sending them on loan.

It's October. We're competing in 4 competitions including the pinnacle of club football. We need a big squad all season. Players who aren't playing every week now will be needed throughout the season.

Emi is returning from a catastrophic injury so is being managed. He will feature plenty this season. it might not be as first choice in the biggest games, but he'll get plenty of game time

I agree with this 100%.

It's something I have been saying for a few years when we sell youngsters.

Granted, I understand PSR & all of that, but we do need a full & competitive squad too.

44 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

I agree with this 100%.

It's something I have been saying for a few years when we sell youngsters.

Granted, I understand PSR & all of that, but we do need a full & competitive squad too.

Some had the idea that Buendia is a key player for us though and would be a starter when he returned.

He is not good enough for that. But I agree he is a valuable squad player.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Some had the idea that Buendia is a key player for us though and would be a starter when he returned.

He is not good enough for that. But I agree he is a valuable squad player.

He definitely was before the injury, wasn't there some statistic about him being the only player to have featured in every game under Emery up until that point?

Remains to be seen if he can return to the same level, unfortunately as his tenacity added so much to his game, he might be someone whose game is affected a little more by a long-term knee injury 

1 hour ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He definitely was before the injury, wasn't there some statistic about him being the only player to have featured in every game under Emery up until that point?

Remains to be seen if he can return to the same level, unfortunately as his tenacity added so much to his game, he might be someone whose game is affected a little more by a long-term knee injury 

I can see him going in January

If we could get 20 M for him it would be great business

The players in his position, Rogers and Duran, are having good seasons so far and he's not really be able to make a case for playing yet.

Oddly, the wide players are a bit of a problem but it seems he's not under consideration to play there. 

He will start against Palace mid week and if he does well he could even get the nod away in Brugge because it's right in the middle of Spurs and Pool, all of which are away.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â