Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yes, FFP/PSR/SCR/WAT rules have got everyone always thinking about "balance sheet profit" as you put it, but our owners are going to stand for a real loss of £20m on players as long as it's a net positive on the books at that time. It's still money lost.

That's how I feel. People seem to declare victory now when a 35m player can be sold three years later for 10m. This is terrible business. We need to work with him to make him successful. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MaVilla said:

this isnt a comment on his performances, he clearly has ability and will probably prove a very useful member of the squad this season.

However, his contract is up in 2026, and i wouldnt be rushing to offer him a new one, personally i would look to get him some good game time this season, prove he still has a lot to offer, and offload him in the summer.

Thats genuinely not a slight on him as a player, i do like him, but i also think that he was good for where we were 2 years ago, not where we "hope" to be now and in the future.

So yeah.....get the most out of him this season, give him a chance to prove himself and add value, part ways in the summer of 2025, then reinvest his quite sizeable 75k ish p/week elsewhere in the squad.

we signed him for what, 35m ish on a 5 year contract, so in theory, anything over 7m for him is profit (7m ish fee apportionment left in the last year of his contract)

If he proves his fitness then Leicester would be a good fit as they have Buonanette playing a similar role and Brighton would want 30m + for him. Dosen't have to move house etc. Maybe Forest aswell.

Likes of Betis and Villareal end up with old prem players, Ayoze Perez, Pepe, Fornals, Bellerin etc so that might also be a decent fit if either can afford 7m.

4 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Typical wrongun behaviour from The Twitter Account Formerly Known As Thatcherlover. A shame the record even has to be corrected.

It just shows you how quick fans are to jump to conclusions about things they know nothing about. Player doesn't celebrate a goal with his team mates -> Fans He hates whoever scored and wants out of the club. Real life: He was too tired to run across the pitch and celebrate a fairly meaningless goal at the end of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Typical wrongun behaviour from The Twitter Account Formerly Known As Thatcherlover. A shame the record even has to be corrected.

is it really? unfollowing then. didn't realise.

It’s strange how highly regarded Buendia was pre-injury, now he comes back looking like he’s recovered pretty well, and a lot of people seem to have decided he isn’t good enough anymore. We haven’t progressed *that* much in the time he’s been injured. Yes we have Rogers now, but Buendia is more than good enough to be in the mix afaics.

• Like 3

It's a bit worrying that he has been in the squad for so many matches but getting so little game time and hardly any starts. A pre injury Buendia would have been a starter in at least some games. Compared to Kamara who came back with a spring in his step and directly up to the tempo, Buendia I think has looked slightly slower and not as up to the tempo as before. I really hope he gets back to the same player he was before.

Another thing is that I think he should play in the inverted winger role and not the no 10 role. I think he comes to his best when he can receive the ball further back in the field driving forward and doing what he does best - picking out those through balls and then come in the second wave of the attacks. In the no 10 role he must be more of a target/link up player, which is not his strength.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's a bit worrying that he has been in the squad for so many matches but getting so little game time and hardly any starts. A pre injury Buendia would have been a starter in at least some games. Compared to Kamara who came back with a spring in his step and directly up to the tempo, Buendia I think has looked slightly slower and not as up to the tempo as before. I really hope he gets back to the same player he was before.

Another thing is that I think he should play in the inverted winger role and not the no 10 role. I think he comes to his best when he can receive the ball further back in the field driving forward and doing what he does best - picking out those through balls and then come in the second wave of the attacks. In the no 10 role he must be more of a target/link up player, which is not his strength.

Or it’s just a totally normal part of recovering from a long term injury and trying to break into a side that is already flying in all competitions 

• Like 4

On 20/10/2024 at 19:45, cheltenham_villa said:

That's how I feel. People seem to declare victory now when a 35m player can be sold three years later for 10m. This is terrible business. We need to work with him to make him successful. 

It’s like buying a house for 500,000 and selling it years later for 200,000, but declaring victory because you only have 100,000 left on the mortgage! You’d be devastated if this was your financial management in the real world. It might work on the club accounts for that given year, but we need to be redeeming the transfer fees, or at least getting good long term value from the signing, a la Martinez. And I think the club is doing well in this regard now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It’s strange how highly regarded Buendia was pre-injury, now he comes back looking like he’s recovered pretty well, and a lot of people seem to have decided he isn’t good enough anymore. We haven’t progressed *that* much in the time he’s been injured. Yes we have Rogers now, but Buendia is more than good enough to be in the mix afaics.

It seems to be a general theme. “Mings no longer good enough. Never really was”. “Luiz is no loss and wasn’t great anyway”. “Bailey is useless again”. “Buendia is finished here”. The longer a player is out of the spotlight, there seems to be an inclination to dismiss them or play down their contributions. On Buendia though, there were always mixed reviews, so it is not surprising he has his doubters. I would have considered him excellent at times but often inconsistent and a bit sloppy in possession. But I think it’s great to have him as an option. 

10 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Kamara played a few minutes

And if Kamara does get immediately back up to speed, then he's the exception in the situation. Not Buendia

It's far more common for a player to take a while to get back into form after a huge injury than it is for a player to be ready immediately

• Like 1

9 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It’s like buying a house for 500,000 and selling it years later for 200,000, but declaring victory because you only have 100,000 left on the mortgage! You’d be devastated if this was your financial management in the real world. It might work on the club accounts for that given year, but we need to be redeeming the transfer fees, or at least getting good long term value from the signing, a la Martinez. And I think the club is doing well in this regard now. 

To be fair in this analogy you'd have to say damage was done to the property and there was a question mark over the foundations following the damage. 

FWIW I think he's just being managed very carefully after a significant injury and will still have a key role to play. If anytime it's very fortunate we have a squad strong enough to not have to use him more at this point in the season. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Kamara played a few minutes

And if Kamara does get immediately back up to speed, then he's the exception in the situation. Not Buendia

It's far more common for a player to take a while to get back into form after a huge injury than it is for a player to be ready immediately

Kamara is a bit of a freak tbh. Last time he had a bad injury he came back quicker than expected and came straight back into the team and it was as if he had never been injured. 

Will take Buendia (and most other players) far more time to get back up to speed. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â