Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Like I said. People chat a lot of shit about our players. 

At this point, it’s about whether we can get £10m for him or if a club is stupid enough to pay more. 

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s got a role in the sense he’ll be on the transfer list in January. 

We all know you don't like him and all that jazz, but c'mon man he performed well today

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

We all know you don't like him and all that jazz, but c'mon man he performed well today

Just now, Galway Lion said:

At this point your hatred of him is embarrassing. 

It's obviously a " character " at this point Delphino is playing lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

At this point your hatred of him is embarrassing. 

I think he just thinks it's funny.... Which is isn't obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

yeah I'm feeding the troll I know, I know XD

• Like 3

He’s a great player to have coming off the bench, either in a situation like today when you want fresh legs, or when you want something a little bit different - he definitely has an eye for a little threaded pass and his pressing gives him some of the “agent of chaos” vibes.

Whether he can make it back into our starting XI for the big games, I’m not sure, but he’s obviously a tough character and I think Emery sees him as someone that brings something different to the squad. 

He looked good today playing between the lines, albeit against 10 men. We won’t see the best of him until after Christmas I think.

• Like 1

this isnt a comment on his performances, he clearly has ability and will probably prove a very useful member of the squad this season.

However, his contract is up in 2026, and i wouldnt be rushing to offer him a new one, personally i would look to get him some good game time this season, prove he still has a lot to offer, and offload him in the summer.

Thats genuinely not a slight on him as a player, i do like him, but i also think that he was good for where we were 2 years ago, not where we "hope" to be now and in the future.

So yeah.....get the most out of him this season, give him a chance to prove himself and add value, part ways in the summer of 2025, then reinvest his quite sizeable 75k ish p/week elsewhere in the squad.

we signed him for what, 35m ish on a 5 year contract, so in theory, anything over 7m for him is profit (7m ish fee apportionment left in the last year of his contract)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It’s meant to be a picture of Dick Dastardly but it won’t load

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Imagine he’ll drop out of the squad when Mings returns. 

I don’t think he’s as bad as you think but I don’t think he’s that good either. He has a part to play this year he needs to build gradually and could prove useful in cup competitions and provide that rest for Rogers every now and again. Emery and Monchi won’t phase him out they’ll give him minuets and a opportunity to prove he’s still worth money on the transfer market. If they listen to you and bombed him out he’d be worthless 🤣

26 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think he’s as bad as you think but I don’t think he’s that good either. He has a part to play this year he needs to build gradually and could prove useful in cup competitions and provide that rest for Rogers every now and again. Emery and Monchi won’t phase him out they’ll give him minuets and an opportunity to prove he’s still worth money on the transfer market. If they listen to you and bombed him out he’d be worthless 🤣

Will be interesting if we get to a point where everybody is fit and available as to who makes the 18.

Not Buendia's biggest fan, but thought he was very good when he came on yesterday. Gave us some energy on the pitch and created movement and options for players.

There's a role for him here yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

this isnt a comment on his performances, he clearly has ability and will probably prove a very useful member of the squad this season.

However, his contract is up in 2026, and i wouldnt be rushing to offer him a new one, personally i would look to get him some good game time this season, prove he still has a lot to offer, and offload him in the summer.

Thats genuinely not a slight on him as a player, i do like him, but i also think that he was good for where we were 2 years ago, not where we "hope" to be now and in the future.

So yeah.....get the most out of him this season, give him a chance to prove himself and add value, part ways in the summer of 2025, then reinvest his quite sizeable 75k ish p/week elsewhere in the squad.

we signed him for what, 35m ish on a 5 year contract, so in theory, anything over 7m for him is profit (7m ish fee apportionment left in the last year of his contract)

Balance sheet profit maybe but we can't afford to sustain such losses. 

We signed him for big money and you also need to consider how much it costs us to replace him. 

If a replacement is 30m, he may generate 10m towards that but it's still 20m to replace a player we already have. 

I'd be watching this season to see if he's capable of recovering form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Balance sheet profit maybe but we can't afford to sustain such losses. 

We signed him for big money and you also need to consider how much it costs us to replace him. 

If a replacement is 30m, he may generate 10m towards that but it's still 20m to replace a player we already have. 

I'd be watching this season to see if he's capable of recovering form. 

Yes, FFP/PSR/SCR/WAT rules have got everyone always thinking about "balance sheet profit" as you put it, but our owners are going to stand for a real loss of £20m on players as long as it's a net positive on the books at that time. It's still money lost.

I thought he looked quite lively when he came on yesterday, a couple of really nice bits of play including one lovely long pass with the outside of his boot. Promising.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â