Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

This is some nerdy stuff but I think of his 10 goals for us, 4 have been headers.  Tonight vs Wycombe, against Bournemouth and against Leeds when we went on that run at the back end of 22/23 to qualify for Europe and against Everton in his first season.   He likes a header as much as he likes a goal against Everton.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So to start with I thought fair enough, Delphinho doesn’t rate Buendia. Then you started posting stuff slating him virtually every other post on his topic, and it sort of undermined your argument because it was clear he was beyond redemption in your eyes, then you started hyperbole to the extent I’m not even sure you’re serious anymore? Is it all a big joke? 

Don’t forget to hit subscribe or like. 

• Haha 1

Ref seemed to realise he was being fouled at half time. Once he started getting given the free kicks he should have got in the first half he started playing better. 

He did struggle to hold them off, which is understandable given the injury he suffered and the stage of his recovery. He won't fully trust the knee just yet so probably stopped fighting some of those battles easier than he would normally

But clearly still has the spring in his legs to win a header and a great header it was too.

Great to see him back out there and playing a full game. 

It was good to see him back & scoring.

I wont lie, Im not a huge fan of Buendia. I think he is too weak & too slow to be a top quality player at a Champions League level side, but, after seeing his little face at being back, being captain & scoring, its impossible not to be happy for him.

I hope that once he gets back to full fitness that he either proves me wrong at Villa, or gets a move to a decent club where he gets plenty of game-time.

Personally, I think he would flourish in either Italy or Spain. His harassing energy from the front & his vision would suit the slower paced games over in those countries.

But great to see him back playing after his nightmare injury.

I apologise to anyone offended for me calling him a liability in the match thread and getting on at him, I appreciate he has been out for a while, he just really frustrates me as a player at times. Nice to see him score (great header to be fair) and hopefully he can put in some good performances against PL opposition because his contract is up in 2026 so we will either look to sell him next summer or offer him a new contract. 

The injury was unfortunate but I just feel we haven't ever got enough out of him given what we paid. Obviously Ollie has been sensational for us especially since Unai came in but to think he cost £5m less than Buendia is insane given the impacts both players have had on the team. It just has never really happened for Buendia here for whatever reason whether you rate him or not.

Big 12 months coming up for him, that 90 minutes will have done him good at least.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ref seemed to realise he was being fouled at half time. Once he started getting given the free kicks he should have got in the first half he started playing better. 

He did struggle to hold them off, which is understandable given the injury he suffered and the stage of his recovery. He won't fully trust the knee just yet so probably stopped fighting some of those battles easier than he would normally

But clearly still has the spring in his legs to win a header and a great header it was too.

Great to see him back out there and playing a full game. 

He wasn't really getting fouled though. I like Emi but since the day he's been here he has a bad habit of not releasing the ball and or getting it stuck under his feet and not moving or playing it.

He then gets out muscled. It's not a foul. If anything he's not playing the ball and just obstructing.

I don't know why he doesn't just move the ball.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He wasn't really getting fouled though. I like Emi but since the day he's been here he has a bad habit of not releasing the ball and or getting it stuck under his feet and not moving or playing it.

He then gets out muscled. It's not a foul. If anything he's not playing the ball and just obstructing.

I don't know why he doesn't just move the ball.

That's a foul.  He's in the middle of the pitch with the ball at his feet. He doesn't have to move. Hes not obstructing anything. He's in control of the ball. If the player behind runs in to the back of him and pushes him over, it's a foul.

• Like 2

Great headerer of the ball isn’t he? (I just made that word up).

Don't think he will be here next season but that’s nothing to do with any performance. I think he’s a very good squad player coming back from injury, I think he’s has drive and energy that is valuable, and he has his moments and makes things happen. Last summer he seemed the player most likely to have a big season prior to the injury, and if he can rediscover that determination and form he will be every bit as good a player for us as Barkley will be. 

18 hours ago, thunderball said:

Great headerer of the ball isn’t he? (I just made that word up).

Don't think he will be here next season but that’s nothing to do with any performance. I think he’s a very good squad player coming back from injury, I think he’s has drive and energy that is valuable, and he has his moments and makes things happen. Last summer he seemed the player most likely to have a big season prior to the injury, and if he can rediscover that determination and form he will be every bit as good a player for us as Barkley will be. 

Because of one good pre season game? 

21 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

As the official site puts it, he scored “in what was his first start” since the injury. Or as normal people write, “in his first start” since the injury.  Why do they keep putting “in what was” in random and unnecessary places in their articles?

They have a word count to reach. A longer article equals more advertising.

Will be interesting to see if he is offered a new contract or sold at the end of the season, I don’t dislike him at all but never really delivered on the expectations that came with him, so unfortunate with the injury possibly came at the worst time in his career pretty sure he would have been at the forefront of Unai’s plans last season.

2 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Will be interesting to see if he is offered a new contract or sold at the end of the season, I don’t dislike him at all but never really delivered on the expectations that came with him, so unfortunate with the injury possibly came at the worst time in his career pretty sure he would have been at the forefront of Unai’s plans last season.

Think if Leeds come up they will be in for him, as they were interested in the summer & think we would still get decent money for him as only 28 yrs old come next summer. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â