Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Far away in the pecking order

Can't him featuring much and can see him moving on either In january or next summer

I wouldn't say that. It is a long season. So far we have had one game a week and barring Bogarde for Cash today (injury forced) have gone with the same starting 11 in all three games. We will very soon be playing weekend/mid week pretty much every week and Buendia will get plenty of minutes then. 

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Far away in the pecking order

Can't him featuring much and can see him moving on either In january or next summer

What is with all these negative absolute statements?

Is this like the one where we are going to bottle it against Leicester or the one where Bogarde will never play for us again? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

What is with all these negative absolute statements?

Is this like the one where we are going to bottle it against Leicester or the one where Bogarde will never play for us again? 

My comments straight after a game will generally reflect how I viewed the team's performance

15 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

thought he should have come on for rogers

Totally agree, there’s no way he could’ve been an anonymous

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

My comments straight after a game will generally reflect how I viewed the team's performance

Your opinions about various players’ long term futures are largely based on how well the team played in the most recent game?

On 30/08/2024 at 00:22, tezzaleed said:

seems like the only player in villatalk history that has actually got worse in people's memory than better whilst out injured.  

And, may I add, the one player who never really did much before he got injured, who is somehow now regarded as the second coming of Grealish. 

Be great to have him back, but the expectations on him are far and above what he's ever actually shown us

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

And, may I add, the one player who never really did much before he got injured, who is somehow now regarded as the second coming of Grealish. 

Be great to have him back, but the expectations on him are far and above what he's ever actually shown us

er no one was saying he's the second coming of Grealish but quite a few seem to have written him off as a spare part that'll be shipped out as soon as we can get some money for him.  

I thought he'd see a few minutes today to replace Rogers, but the more I think about it, with the frantic pace of that game today, he might have struggled.... 

Last preseason he was played on the left side in Ramsey's absence and was our best player in those matches. This preseason he played centrally. Which is his better position? There's only one way to find out..... Fight!!!

images (2).jpeg

Will he be sold? I would think so given that he hasn't played a minute in three matches, but we didn't hear one single rumour about him in the last window...

3 minutes ago, TomC said:

Will he be sold? I would think so given that he hasn't played a minute in three matches, but we didn't hear one single rumour about him in the last window...

Having just read this comment in the Mings thread this one made me lol. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TomC said:

If he doesn't get any minutes against Everton or Wycombe it's probably fair to assume that he's surplus to requirements.

30 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Having just read this comment in the Mings thread this one made me lol. 

Well, part of my point was that, given that the lack of rumours, they probably don't want to sell him. If they were shopping him, word would have gotten out.

But for next summer, keep in mind that he will have only one year left on his contract. He won't want to renew if he isn't getting any playing time, and they'll want to get something for him while they can.

Yes, I know, it's still early and he could see more time when we get into the CL and the domestic cups. He and Mings are my favorite Villans, so I hope both of them do get playing time. I'm just facing the reality that it looks like Unai has him behind Bailey, McGinn, JJ, Rogers, and maybe even Philogene for three attacking spots, and the Felix pursuit shows that management is trying to buy another attacking player who will push him further down the order. Would you want to stay if you were 7th in the pecking order for 3 spots?

Cynic in me is thinking Buendía is getting a run out to tempt a Turkish club to take him on loan from us, with all wages covered. 

sadly I don’t see him getting much game time ahead of Rogers, Bailey, Ramsay, Philogene et al ahead of him.

Hope I’m wrong as he can be a real asset for us. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

If he doesn't get any minutes against Everton or Wycombe it's probably fair to assume that he's surplus to requirements.

Hardly. It's a long season, there's plenty of time for him to come back and start to be involved.

• Like 1

The great thing at the moment there is no huge rush to get the long term injured guys back. I think everyone realizes after all these months, let’s not mess it up now.

i think Emi will have an important role to play this season. As well as being skillful he is more combative than some of the other younger lads, this will be an important attribute in the coming games.

Good Luck Emi

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â