Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, Enda said:

I was a little bit surprised Emi Jr didn’t get any minutes against West Ham yesterday. Philogene brought on before him. I’m not sure how that will play out.

Maybe Unai rates Philogene higher

5 hours ago, Enda said:

I was a little bit surprised Emi Jr didn’t get any minutes against West Ham yesterday. Philogene brought on before him. I’m not sure how that will play out.

It's one game

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Maybe he is just coming back from being out for an entire year. No need to toss him into the deep end. 

Yes, bring him on when we’re 4-0 up. against Arsenal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Maybe he is just coming back from being out for an entire year. No need to toss him into the deep end. 

Unlikely he’ll get much game time this year. As mentioned previously, a loan suits all parties and keeps some value in him. 

• Shocked 2

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Unlikely he’ll get much game time this year. As mentioned previously, a loan suits all parties and keeps some value in him. 

Is that you Monchi

Odd, he was never going to come on. He's not going to replace Bailey and play on the wing. He's most likely to deputy for Rogers ATM but he was too strong on the transition to take off. 

The subs in the end although much to Unais credit for how it paid off ultimately we're quite predictable.

Watkins wasn't match fit, Duran was the obvious replacement.

Bailey took a few knocks and barely ever plays 90 minutes, again Jaden is the most likely for like.

McGinn was on the left so Ramsey again was most suitable. McGinn has been a common substitute for Unai these days. 

Ned came on for Cash who had a knock. 

Maatsen again Dignes natural deputy. 

We were drawing we had no need to chance shape or move Rogers up front either. Emi's time and chances will come. 

Yesterday wasn't the game we needed to bring him on for. If we were 2-1 down with 15 minutes left and West Ham were sitting in I reckon he'd have been on but pace on the counter was a better choice with how it played out.

Ramsey, Rogers, Jaden, Bailey are all runners but Emi is completely different type of player and fairly unique in our squad. There will be a lot of games where we need him. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Odd, he was never going to come on. He's not going to replace Bailey and play on the wing. He's most likely to deputy for Rogers ATM but he was too strong on the transition to take off. 

The subs in the end although much to Unais credit for how it paid off ultimately we're quite predictable.

Watkins wasn't match fit, Duran was the obvious replacement.

Bailey took a few knocks and barely ever plays 90 minutes, again Jaden is the most likely for like.

McGinn was on the left so Ramsey again was most suitable. McGinn has been a common substitute for Unai these days. 

Ned came on for Cash who had a knock. 

Maatsen again Dignes natural deputy. 

We were drawing we had no need to chance shape or move Rogers up front either. Emi's time and chances will come. 

I get what you're saying but I quite like that we have a preferred system and if player A isn't doing it, then player B can come in. It shows consistency of play and squad depth. 

Also it's not like we haven't shown the ability to change formation or throw multiple people on but yesterday we just didn't need to. I think we'll see more experimentation in the EFL and FA Cup 

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yesterday wasn't the game we needed to bring him on for. If we were 2-1 down with 15 minutes left and West Ham were sitting in I reckon he'd have been on but pace on the counter was a better choice with how it played out.

Ramsey, Rogers, Jaden, Bailey are all runners but Emi is completely different type of player and fairly unique in our squad. There will be a lot of games where we need him. 

That's exactly the point. Different game, different needs. Just happy to know he's available to play.

7 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Exactly, a tough and tight away game against West Ham is not the game to bring him back into the fold after a year out. Everton at home would be perfect, and they are his favourite opponents as well.

Maybe give him until Christmas before we write him off.  he's only just recovered from a serious injury.  he needs some time to improve fitness and learn how to play in emery's system.  he'll be a great option off the bench once up to speed and will push Rogers, Ramsey and mcginn for a starting position.  we've finally got a squad together and people want to start getting rid of decent players.  

On 18/08/2024 at 23:15, tezzaleed said:

Maybe give him until Christmas before we write him off.  he's only just recovered from a serious injury.  he needs some time to improve fitness and learn how to play in emery's system.  he'll be a great option off the bench once up to speed and will push Rogers, Ramsey and mcginn for a starting position.  we've finally got a squad together and people want to start getting rid of decent players.  

He's already accustomed to Emery's system. He just needs to work his way to match fitness. 

I personally don’t see little Emi getting much game time this season. Unless we get a boat load of injuries, I suspect he will largely be limited to early round cup matches and fleeting appearances from the bench. This is not a criticism of him at all but I think we have moved the team in a direction which doesn’t really suit him.

His wages are too high for someone who does not play regularly. I wonder if we would be tempted to move him on and enable us to bring in a different type of attacking midfielder. Maybe someone more like Diaby. Emi has sadly had to waste one season due to an horrific injury, it would be sad to see him spending another one sat on the bench every week.

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I personally don’t see little Emi getting much game time this season. Unless we get a boat load of injuries, I suspect he will largely be limited to early round cup matches and fleeting appearances from the bench. This is not a criticism of him at all but I think we have moved the team in a direction which doesn’t really suit him.

His wages are too high for someone who does not play regularly. I wonder if we would be tempted to move him on and enable us to bring in a different type of attacking midfielder. Maybe someone more like Diaby. Emi has sadly had to waste one season due to an horrific injury, it would be sad to see him spending another one sat on the bench every week.

I know he gets a lot of hate from some but I love emi unfortunately for him Rodger’s is in his position and for the same reason I didn’t want Felix no one is replacing big Morgan.

By July he’s been here 4 years so from a PSR perspective he’s probably on the chopping block.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â