Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely hilarious free-kick.

Easily most enjoyable moment of the match.

100% was going to miss, but it was even funnier than I thought.

How can someone come in cold like that and take the free-kick immediately. Fools.

Glad you enjoyed it.  I was absolutely mortified!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Odd that he has some sort of authority to take it in the first place tbh.

He’s one of the weakest players in our squad. He shouldn’t even be playing, let alone taking anything important. 

What the **** are you on about

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

How can someone come in cold like that and take the free-kick immediately. Fools.

As he was lining it up I was saying to myself: I doubt there's a single Villa fan watching this who thinks he's going to score.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Was watching and said to my son "He's just come on - why is he taking it?"

Then we ran through the names:

• Tielemans - just subbed off
  • Digne - just subbed off
  • Maatsen - just came on
  • Barkley - just came on
  • Bailey - subbed off earlier

... ok. Emi it is, then 🤣

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I was surprised we didn't have some sort of trick play on the go there. It's very hard to get the ball over the wall and in from the edge of the box. Shame for him.

Yeah, given the extended setup, I was totally expecting some kind of routine. Quick ball over to JPB seemed on, but maybe tough for a right-footer without telegraphing it.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There was so much build up!

Gold.

It's not a defence of Buendia, but the build up to free kicks in general is absolutely insane.

People moan about VAR taking a lot of time, but waiting for free kicks to be taken saps so much time out of the game.

For usually very little reward. 

I'd be interested to see if a club ever makes the decision to never shoot from direct free kicks. I bet the conversion rate from trying more training ground routines would be higher.

You could probably count on one hand the number of direct free kicks we've scored over the past, say, 5 seasons

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not a defence of Buendia, but the build up to free kicks in general is absolutely insane.

People moan about VAR taking a lot of time, but waiting for free kicks to be taken saps so much time out of the game.

For usually very little reward. 

I'd be interested to see if a club ever makes the decision to never shoot from direct free kicks. I bet the conversion rate from trying more training ground routines would be higher.

You could probably count on one hand the number of direct free kicks we've scored over the past, say, 5 seasons

agree with this, unless your Beckham or maybe JWP, why do people even both. Probably better to shift the ball and try something clever. Digne looked annoyed to be removed from the chance to take it.

Dont know if ive seen Buendia take one before

I thought the time to Introduce Buendia was probably earlier in the game on Saturday. Duran and Watkins probably cost us midfield numbers, id have probably brought him in around the 60 minute mark for Rodgers, or brought him on for Bailey. 

Thought it was tough to impact the game at the later stage, but i though his chameo showed a bit of promise (free kick aside)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â