Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You won’t believe this, but there are people who watch football regularly and yet don’t rate Emi Buendia. It’s a funny old world.

If he was a yard quicker, he'd be a world beater.

As it is, he uses everything he's got to be the best he can.

Never hides, never shirks a tackle despite being half the size of the opponent, never stops running.

Was unfortunate to not get the assist for the 3rd goal earlier, which was awarded to Ramsey due to him slightly knicking the ball with his heel onto Watkins when he fluffed his attempt at a shot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Was unfortunate to not get the assist for the 3rd goal earlier, which was awarded to Ramsey due to him slightly knicking the ball with his heel onto Watkins when he fluffed his attempt at a shot.

His intentionally underhit pass to Watkins dragged the defenders  out of position that led to 2nd goal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Yeah saw that, shame they've taken it off him. 

10 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Wish he'd scored that header, we know he can do it but the shortest man on the pitch putting away a header while being marked by Burn would've been especially amusing.

Amuses me when commentators say he's the least likely to score a header. The guy is better in the air then most of our team in the opposition box.

thats crazy!

it was a perfect set up for him, everyone doing their bit to pull newcastle about and him finding the space and turning with then watkins ahead of him always on the move

still believe that the club wanted him before selling grealish and if we'd got him when we got barkley our recent history would have been very different, he would have eaten up that space from doubling up on grealish

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

still believe that the club wanted him before selling grealish and if we'd got him when we got barkley our recent history would have been very different, he would have eaten up that space from doubling up on grealish

He did that tweet basically slagging Grealish when he left so I'd say so

Edited by Kiwivillan

If there was one player, I was pleased for on Saturday, was Emi B

He is a tryier, without a doubt, but his effectiveness was sublime.....best game for Villa IMO.

If there is a player, who wants to make it with us, its Emi.

Sometimes bullied, but not Saturday, he was like Billy Bremner, such an important cog in the works, playing like that.

If he carries on like that, he will be joining his mate on the plane to Buenos Aires, for the Internationals.

On 16/04/2023 at 07:55, villa4europe said:

thats crazy!

it was a perfect set up for him, everyone doing their bit to pull newcastle about and him finding the space and turning with then watkins ahead of him always on the move

They did. They said at the time they'd tried to convince Grealish to stay by showing him the calibre of signings being made this season, and Buendia was our number 1 target. In fact, didn't he actually sign before Grealish left?

Would have been great to see them both play together.

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

They did. They said at the time they'd tried to convince Grealish to stay by showing him the calibre of signings being made this season, and Buendia was our number 1 target. In fact, didn't he actually sign before Grealish left?

Would have been great to see them both play together.

Yes he did. Although the Grealish deal was done a while before it got announced. 

I think it was the key to unlocking our reliance on Grealish and potential path to top half with a new way of playing. 

Fast forward to where we are now and I wouldn't change it. Buendia proving to be the player I always thought he was.  Hopefully he gets some assist that bring him back in line with his expected levels as we'd expect it to average out over the season. 

• Like 3

Good stuff on a recent interview with Emi B and still continually impressive how UE spots player's weaknesses exactly and tries to harness it into strengths.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2023/04/21/exclusive-bad-loser-emi-buendia-happy-to-be-winning-the-unai-emery-way/

“Before I always wanted to participate in the game and touch the ball as much as possible,” he says. “Now I understand maybe it is better to touch the ball less but make better opportunities for my team-mates. That is one of the things I am learning.

“I always try to be patient and wait for the right moment to get the ball in a good position and make a difference in the attacking third.”

Learning to keep emotions in check has also been part of Emery’s teaching. While that fighting spirit will always be part of Buendia’s character and has made him the player and person he is today, experience has taught him the need for balance and perspective.

“I know my competitiveness is a strong thing for me but when it is not going well, it can be bad too,” he says.

“That is one of the things I have worked with the (coaching staff) to improve a lot, to try and control myself in a moment when I am desperate or frustrated or things are going wrong.

“I always want to win and always want the best for the team. Sometimes I get frustrated when we are doing things well but the results don’t come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2023 at 07:53, VillaAlex said:

Amuses me when commentators say he's the least likely to score a header. The guy is better in the air then most of our team in the opposition box.

Never heard any commentator say this. I have heard commentators say he's surprisingly good in the air, however.

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Good stuff on a recent interview with Emi B and still continually impressive how UE spots player's weaknesses exactly and tries to harness it into strengths.

Good interview. For those of us who liked him from the beginning and suspected that the problems were all in how he was handled, now we know.

7 minutes ago, TomC said:

Good interview. For those of us who liked him from the beginning and suspected that the problems were all in how he was handled, now we know.

He was the player that I really, really wanted. Gerrard's tenure was so frustrating. We all knew the mistakes he was making, but could do nothing about it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â