Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

21 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I would say it's a reasonable assesment that we overpaid paying £40m or whatever it was. He's not that good. 

To say something positive, for a record signing he wasn’t all that expensive. £36m wasn’t it? If Arsenal bought him last summer they would have dropped him a long time ago, along with Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Tavares.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

To say something positive, for a record signing he wasn’t all that expensive. £36m wasn’t it? If Arsenal bought him last summer they would have dropped him a long time ago, along with Tomiyasu, Lokonga and Tavares.

For us that's a lot of money 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've been a huge fan previously but I'm starting to think it's not going to work out

Yeah, this is me. 

He's certainly MILES away from where you would want your record signing to be. 

Gets overpowered too often, turns into trouble too often, delivers bad passes too often. 

When he's on it he's a joy, but he seems to be off it more often than not.

Strangely seems to have actually gone backwards under Emery when everyone else seems to have improved. 

I just don't see a long term future for him here.  Hopefully coming from Norwich his wages aren't huge and with 2 years of his contract run down we can sell him for a lot less than we paid due to amortisation. 

Funny those Naaarwich fans who thought he was the second coming of Christ, they were ripped off with the fee and thought he should have gone to a Sky 6 team. 

Seems its easy to shine as a big fish in a little pond. 

• Like 2

When he plays to his strengths with quick pass and move he’s fine. But it’s like he doesn’t understand his own limitations. Far too often he try’s to take players on in dangerous areas and he just hasn’t got the strength or speed for it and more often than not loses the ball. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let's not go too far overboard here, it's only three days since he was a key player in a big victory. Yes he was poor tonight, but I'm not writing him off. and seemingly neither is Emery who keeps picking him. 

Tbh, I thought he was pretty bad 3 days ago, at least he was terrible that first half. It wasn’t until he scored(which whilst the finish from him was good, it was watkins who did almost all of the work creating the chance) that he started to actually play better. The game opened up for him and he had the space.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, this is me. 

He's certainly MILES away from where you would want your record signing to be. 

Gets overpowered too often, turns into trouble too often, delivers bad passes too often. 

When he's on it he's a joy, but he seems to be off it more often than not.

Strangely seems to have actually gone backwards under Emery when everyone else seems to have improved. 

I just don't see a long term future for him here.  Hopefully coming from Norwich his wages aren't huge and with 2 years of his contract run down we can sell him for a lot less than we paid due to amortisation. 

Funny those Naaarwich fans who thought he was the second coming of Christ, they were ripped off with the fee and thought he should have gone to a Sky 6 team. 

Seems its easy to shine as a big fish in a little pond. 

Fully agree with this. I’ve been a big fan (and still think he has real quality) but there is only so long his lack of assists, losing the ball in dangerous places and lack of pace can be tolerated. 

6 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Yeah we aint arsenal  bog difference.  40m is a big amount of money.

Its been a really disappointing signing. Even last week he was generally poor half of the game

That 0 assists is totally misleading, as I'd love to see how many times he has played a ball through that 1 of our strikers has missed. Watkins v Spurs is just one example where a better finisher would of scored that chance. 

I'm a massive fan of Emi but he was poor last night. Wolves made sure in that middle third, we had no space. Emi could not get on the ball in that area, which is where he is best, and seemed to be trying to force everything. 

Still, I'd say he was no better or worse than most our team last night, bar 1 or 2 players. 

• Like 1

Just a very sloppy footballer. Works hard, can be neat on the ball when he dribbles or turns out of trouble but you can't give the ball away as much as he does and as cheaply as he does.

At PL level it is a criminal offence to turn over possession in the way he does.

I'm not sure he likes being central , he gets crowded and makes bad decisions.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Just a very sloppy footballer. Works hard, can be neat on the ball when he dribbles or turns out of trouble but you can't give the ball away as much as he does and as cheaply as he does.

At PL level it is a criminal offence to turn over possession in the way he does.

I'm not sure he likes being central , he gets crowded and makes bad decisions.

Doesn’t have the pace to play out wide though for me. 

I don't mind a player trying things that don't come off if what they're trying is positive. The issue with Buendia is that it seems nothing comes off and he constantly makes poor decisions. 

If he was sliding in our striker once a game with a through ball that fails the other 5 times he tries it then fair enough, but they never seem to work. 

I like the chap but feel like we may need someone better for games where teams sit back. 

When we signed him I honestly thought he'd strike up a great partnership with Watkins similar to how he did with Pukki at Norwich but it just ain't happening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I don't mind a player trying things that don't come off if what they're trying is positive. The issue with Buendia is that it seems nothing comes off and he constantly makes poor decisions. 

If he was sliding in our striker once a game with a through ball that fails the other 5 times he tries it then fair enough, but they never seem to work. 

I like the chap but feel like we may need someone better for games where teams sit back. 

When we signed him I honestly thought he'd strike up a great partnership with Watkins similar to how he did with Pukki at Norwich but it just ain't happening. 

He's the weak link in the side. He's nowhere near the level we need to break into the top 10 on a consistent basis. Right now, he's the worst player in our starting XI without question. 

• Like 1

At one point last night, he received the ball from a throw in (I think) and under no pressure whatsoever, turned round and passed it 10 yards straight to a Wolves player. He improved a bit second half, but he's miles off being good enough for where we want to get to.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â