Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

This is what confuses me tbh. With the squad we’ve got one of the above seems obvious, yet we persist with something else. 

If Gerrard persists in using a system that doesn’t work or fit the players, he’ll not last the season.

• Like 3

Emi is definitely talented but let’s look at the facts, he’s our record signing, some fans seem to forget this. At the moment I don’t believe he has justified his fee. When he plays fans say he isn’t playing in his best position, what is his best position, I genuinely have no idea. Does alright wherever he plays but hasn’t mastered one of them. He got 4 goals and 6 assists last season, again not great. Coutinho got 5 goals and 3 assists in a lot less game. Fans demanding he starts and saying he’s our best player need a reality check. I think he will prove his worth to the team but atm he’s in a fight with another 6/7 for a starting spot and rightly so. 

I must have missed the time when Buendia turned into prime Maradona. 

It's the typical VT reaction though - player doesn't start, becomes world beater (see Gil, Sanson, etc). 

He's a good player but the hype is crazy. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WHY said:

Emi is definitely talented but let’s look at the facts, he’s our record signing, some fans seem to forget this. At the moment I don’t believe he has justified his fee. When he plays fans say he isn’t playing in his best position, what is his best position, I genuinely have no idea. Does alright wherever he plays but hasn’t mastered one of them. He got 4 goals and 6 assists last season, again not great. Coutinho got 5 goals and 3 assists in a lot less game. Fans demanding he starts and saying he’s our best player need a reality check. I think he will prove his worth to the team but atm he’s in a fight with another 6/7 for a starting spot and rightly so. 

Well he played exclusively RW for Norwich, a position which we've hardly played him in. He created loads of chances last season, would have a few more assists at least if not for some poor finishing. He's class though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's the typical VT reaction though - player doesn't start, becomes world beater (see Gil, Sanson, etc). 

I mean...he's been our best attacking player for the last six months probably imo. It's not as if he hasn't played at all - it's pretty obvious he delivers when on the pitch.

Not only is his attacking output very good in limited minutes, but he also works his f*ckin arse off. It's not exactly surprising that people want him to start.

Sanson and Gil were just like "why don't you give it a go?" This is more like: "are you blind?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Well he played exclusively RW for Norwich, a position which we've hardly played him in. He created loads of chances last season, would have a few more assists at least if not for some poor finishing. He's class though.

When he played RW he did nothing, like I said I think he will prove his worth but fans like yourself don’t help over hyping him, he’s done nothing to justify it. Look at the impact Jota and Diaz have had on Liverpool for less money than Buendia cost. If he had their type of impact I would get the hype but he hasn’t. I’m not disappointed in Emi btw, I think we just overpaid for him and he will be a good overall squad player. I’m not saying he shouldn’t start either but fans suggesting he should start every game and he’s our best player are a little wide of the mark atm. 

• Like 1

Genuine question to the Buendia has to start and he’s our best player brigade.

Do you think we would get our £38m back for him if we sold him tomorrow and who takes him? 

51 minutes ago, Xela said:

You leave Carles Gil alone right now!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

Do you think we would get our £38m back for him if we sold him tomorrow and who takes him? 

Yes.

Newcastle or Leeds.

He's three times the player of Almiron, Frazer, Dan James. e.t.c.

Edited by AshVilla

8 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I mean...he's been our best attacking player for the last six months probably imo. It's not as if he hasn't played at all - it's pretty obvious he delivers when on the pitch.

Not only is his attacking output very good in limited minutes, but he also works his f*ckin arse off. It's not exactly surprising that people want him to start.

Sanson and Gil were just like "why don't you give it a go?" This is more like: "are you blind?"

I like him and i'd probably start him most games but the whole view of him being the best player in our squad is wrong. In my opinion, of course.

He's a hard worker, I agree and committed, but i'd pick Coutinho over him if we were just playing the one '10'. Whether that is the right formation is another debate. 

Buendia will get plenty of minutes this season anyway. It's not solely about starting anymore, so it's not the end of world if he comes off the bench. It's a squad game with the 5 subs. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

It’s madness. Bailey scored a goal after running from his own half and Buendia was getting the credit 🤣 

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Yes.

Newcastle or Leeds.

He's three times the player of Almiron, Frazer, Dan James. e.t.c.

Leeds wouldn’t pay that, Dan James stats are virtually identical to Emi’s last season and cost a lot less. I don’t disagree that Emi is a better player than him though. 

Let’s wait for the Newcastle bid then. They can afford him so absolutely no reason not to bid for him, unless of course they don’t want him. I’m pretty sure we would snap anyones hands off if we could get our money back. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s madness. Bailey scored a goal after running from his own half and Buendia was getting the credit 🤣 

Made me laugh as well mate, some fans just trying to justify some of their ridiculous comments in this thread, me thinks. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, WHY said:

When he played RW he did nothing, like I said I think he will prove his worth but fans like yourself don’t help over hyping him, he’s done nothing to justify it. Look at the impact Jota and Diaz have had on Liverpool for less money than Buendia cost. If he had their type of impact I would get the hype but he hasn’t. I’m not disappointed in Emi btw, I think we just overpaid for him and he will be a good overall squad player. I’m not saying he shouldn’t start either but fans suggesting he should start every game and he’s our best player are a little wide of the mark atm. 

I'm not overhyping him at all. He has huge ability (fact) and the output will come when he plays regularly.

18 minutes ago, WHY said:

Comparing Jota to Buendia is baffling. They couldn't be any more different. Jota may have put up good numbers but can also be very infuriating in general team play.

16 minutes ago, WHY said:

Would any player who isn’t starting games get bought for £38 million? 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Comparing Jota to Buendia is baffling. They couldn't be any more different. Jota may have put up good numbers but can also be very infuriating in general team play.

So like Buendia them, but without the good numbers. 

• Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â