Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Well yes of course because that would mean he is actually achieving what we have paid him to do?

I think the point possibly being made is that our strikers aren’t converting his chances which is out of his control.

• Like 1

Not really read into it too heavily but I'm surprised to see there's criticism of Buendia. So much of what he does is craftily worked and he almost always delivers the skill to go with the bright idea.

Admittedly it's not ended up in us converting goals as often as we'd like, but it's fairly clear to see his influence on build up play that leads to decent, if not great opportunities to have the ball in the final third and threaten goal.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Not really read into it too heavily but I'm surprised to see there's criticism of Buendia. So much of what he does is craftily worked and he almost always delivers the skill to go with the bright idea.

Admittedly it's not ended up in us converting goals as often as we'd like, but it's fairly clear to see his influence on build up play that leads to decent, if not great opportunities to have the ball in the final third and threaten goal.

Have you not seen him lose possession on numerous occasions? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Have you not seen him lose possession on numerous occasions? 

I haven't been following as closely as I have done for the last decade, relying mostly on 9, 24 or 45 minute highlight reels provided by my PL subscription. 

However, regardless, I suppose that comes with the territory of being a player who's entire repertoire and value comes in the attacking half and predominantly final third. 

Buendias passing ability and vision can't always ensure that everyone is ideally positioned to allow him to thread it through. And I wouldn't say it's his fault if we aren't good enough to defend more often than not, which has seemed to be the case under Gerrard from what I can see. In open play it's a counter or break in transition that allows us our best moves going forward. 

If Buendia isn't suited to the tactics and formation so be it, but there's no denying he is an excellent player on the ball and in creating space and opportunities for the team to score.

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's perfectly suited to the tactics and formation - it's the lack of others that aren't suited that's perhaps an issue - Bailey, Traore, El Ghazi and JPB aren't a natural fit into this system and for them it'll be learn or move. I think Buendia on the other hand is nailed on to start for a while.

I think he's ability to thread balls through behind opposition defensive lines and into space for the forwards will be invaluable. 

As well as his ability in tight spaces if we opt for a short passing passage of play. He knows how to pass and move well.

So agree with your points, except Traore not being suited. Fully ready I see him thriving on the right.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Watkins loses the ball more than Buendia.

Buendia has been dispossessed 10 times more than Ramsey, but Ramsey has had 7 more unsuccessful touches that have lost the ball. So overall, Buendia has lost the ball 3 times more than Starboy Ramsey.

Watkins is worse than Buendia in both stats. Although tbf has played a lot more football. Ramsey though has only played 30 mins more.

He's a creative, flair player. He's going to lose the ball. But he's not been a disaster.

He’s not be good either, highlighting other players stats isn’t going to change it, let’s just be honest. He doesn’t look anywhere near a £38m player so far. I was excited when we signed him but have seen nothing to suggest he’s going to be the player we hoped he would be. 

3 hours ago, WHY said:

He’s not be good either, highlighting other players stats isn’t going to change it, let’s just be honest. He doesn’t look anywhere near a £38m player so far. I was excited when we signed him but have seen nothing to suggest he’s going to be the player we hoped he would be. 

I love commenting to a specific point and having whataboutery back about a different point.

Cheers though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WHY said:

What does a 38 million player look like? Joelinton cost 40, Timo Werner cost nearly 50

Our ex captain cost 100 million and he isnt up to much these days

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What does a 38 million player look like? Joelinton cost 40, Timo Werner cost nearly 50

Our ex captain cost 100 million and he isnt up to much these days

And all 3 are considered disappointments so far. Why would be any different with Buendia?

Buendia will come good. He's been better since the formation changed after Gerrard arrived. Our attacking play will be the last piece of the puzzle so I expect when Gerrard has a full pre season with the team we'll see the biggest improvements from our attack. 

Our attacking 5 for Chelsea was Targett, Ings, Watkins, Buendia and Cash. I think that will be the most common, with Bailey in amongst them too. So much to learn in how the full backs play and how the central 3 need in movement. We will see Buendia at his best then so I'm happy with what I've seen so far he has the talent and clearly is driven and cares. 

21 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's perfectly suited to the tactics and formation - it's the lack of others that aren't suited that's perhaps an issue - Bailey, Traore, El Ghazi and JPB aren't a natural fit into this system and for them it'll be learn or move. I think Buendia on the other hand is nailed on to start for a while.

moving forward, I don't see 2 wingers being used.Too much of a luxury, maybe one, yes, at any one time.

We need industry and consistency, and by definition, wingers rarely provide that.

wants the ball, pass, move, moment of magic, perfect through ball - goal. This is what I have been going on about, he does these things all the time, but often gets unnoticed, this time he had Douggie to play one two with and a top striker who makes the right run and can finish. Very promising! 

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â