Midweek Football 17/19 May

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’ve put £50 on Carragher mentioning the Allisson goal more than 25 times during the match.

Easy money.

I've got a tenner on him spitting at someone on the drive home. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a real chance Spurs might finish 9th and only above Leeds on goal difference.

Smart money on Everton in 10th given they've got Man. City away for final game.

Massively underwhelming for them considering what they've spent and who their manager is. Probably a worst drop off than we've had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

That Becker winner was devastating to Leicester, wasn't it? Too bad. Sad to see LFC get anything from this season.

Leicester getting battered by Newcastle and losing to Fulham cost them

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Smart money on Everton in 10th given they've got Man. City away for final game.

Massively underwhelming for them considering what they've spent and who their manager is. Probably a worst drop off than we've had.

and that shows how difficult it will be for Villa to get into the top 6.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Leicester getting battered by Newcastle and losing to Fulham cost them

Drawing against a woefully out of form Southampton who had a man sent off after 10 minutes can be added to this.

I know the term gets thrown around a bit too often these days but they really have bottled it the last two years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Drawing against a woefully out of form Southampton who had a man sent off after 10 minutes can be added to this.

I know the term gets thrown around a bit too often these days but they really have bottled it the last two years.

Maybe Rodgers really is perfect for Spurs after all 🤔

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

I think them winning the cup stopped Rodgers getting a ton more of abuse

Even so, it again shows how big the task is to finish top 4. Leicester have not got the budget of Liverpool or Chelsea yet were holding them at bay for most of the season but it looks like they will be reeled in at the end again. 

It’s not dissimilar to West Ham and Everton’s challenge for Europe or even our season, where we looked like we might finish above Arsenal or even Spurs at one stage.

However by the end of the season the most expensive squads rise to the top again. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Even so, it again shows how big the task is to finish top 4. Leicester have not got the budget of Liverpool or Chelsea yet were holding them at bay for most of the season but it looks like they will be reeled in at the end again. 

It’s not dissimilar to West Ham and Everton’s challenge for Europe or even our season, where we looked like we might finish above Arsenal or even Spurs at one stage.

However by the end of the season the most expensive squads rise to the top again. 

Its why people made too much of the slow start of the bigger teams this season. Some saying it was a missed opportunity but except West Ham the top 7 is pretty much how you expected it

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â