What is Anti-Semitism?

Jareth

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So now it’s the Jews in the UK who should be responsible for Israel? The tropes keep coming.

Do you think before you write? Put your statements on the other side of the political spectrum and you’d be Tommy Robinson.

By your own logic I hope you can stop the war in Ukraine by asking the orthodox diaspora to own Vladimir Putin’s war, or the every whites person in the world to own every white majority nation’s war.

So why, are the UK Jews who criticise Netanyahu branded left wing radicals? 

Just now, magnkarl said:

Are they?

I do so myself. No one has ever called me a left wing radical. Get out of your little bubble.

Yes. They are. By other UK Jews. All of the time. Not a charge at you but blithely observing the carnage and thinking this will all blow over is as deadly as participating - this is the stance of every major UK Jewish newspaper , dumbfounded witnesses to genocide. And then folks get called antisemitic for recognising the link. BS. Israel is clearly a deniable entity when necessary. I support it, support its rights - but won’t stop criticising it and this wall of silence around it from those who have skin in the game. 

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yes. They are. By other UK Jews. All of the time. Not a charge at you but blithely observing the carnage and thinking this will all blow over is as deadly as participating - this is the stance of every major UK Jewish newspaper , dumbfounded witnesses to genocide. And then folks get called antisemitic for recognising the link. BS. Israel is clearly a deniable entity when necessary. I support it, support its rights - but won’t stop criticising it and this wall of silence around it from those who have skin in the game. 

You’re equating British Jews with Israel. If you don’t realise how dumb that is then that’s on you. Do the same with every Muslim who doesn’t openly condemn Iran hanging kids from cranes in the market and stoning women and you’re essentially EDL.

Your logic is severely %*#%.

Stop taking what Douglas Effing Murray says as something the Jewish community in the UK stands for. I don’t think you’ve been exposed to British Jews outside of your little echo chamber, and I don’t think you’ve got a sample size outside of what you’re seeing in whichever far-left Facebook group you’re on to suggest that many Jews are calling other Jews radical for condemning Netanyahu.

Zionist Jews are largely already in Israel. What good does it do you to call out a tiny minority in the UK because you’ve been egged on by whatever, other than being openly racist?

Edited by magnkarl

38 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Get real. Don’t hide behind the bleedingly obvious. Israel needs to stop what it is doing - I’ll go appeal to some Sikhs maybe? 

You see, I was expecting you to apologise for your AS statement. Sadly you don’t seem to understand your error.

44 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This is a bit of a specious question. 

Firstly, because some quarters say that anything that they don't like is "left wing radicalism". I've seen people describe sections of the Tory party as left wing radicals. And the Current Affairs department of the BBC. And The National Trust. And the Archbishop of Canterbury. Just because some nutty person says something, it's not evidence that it's a consensus.

Secondly, they're not. Plenty of "UK Jews" criticise Netanyahu without being described as such. As you'd probably expect, given he's massively unpopular in Israel. It's a pretty mainstream position to take. 

If you're referring (as I think you are) to people describing Jewish Voice For Labour (and those similar organisations who take an explicitly anti-Zionism stance) as left-wing radicals, it's because they as an organisation position themselves on the left of the UK's principle centre-left political party. So it's not exactly a slur, is it?

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

You’re equating British Jews with Israel. If you don’t realise how dumb that is then that’s on you. Do the same with every Muslim who doesn’t openly condemn Iran hanging kids from cranes in the market and stoning women and you’re essentially EDL.

Your logic is severely %*#%.

Stop taking what Douglas Effing Murray says as something the Jewish community in the UK stands for. I don’t think you’ve been exposed to British Jews outside of your little echo chamber, and I don’t think you’ve got a sample size outside of what you’re seeing in whichever far-left Facebook group you’re on to suggest that many Jews are calling other Jews radical for condemning Netanyahu.

Zionist Jews are largely already in Israel. What good does it do you to call out a tiny minority in the UK because you’ve been egged on by whatever, other than being openly racist?

So I'm far left in a Facebook group? You should see how critical UK Jews are branded.  

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

You see, I was expecting you to apologise for your AS statement. Sadly you don’t seem to understand your error.

So you're telling me there's no identifiable, tangible connection between British Jews and Israel?

50 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What would it matter if they are branded as something by those they criticise? 

Your argument doesn’t stand up and currently comes over as anti semitic.

I’ve got no Jewish friends or links to my knowledge, but my little bubble shows me plenty of people stating they are Jewish and stating their support for a ceasefire and / or directly criticising Israel. Even if your only window to the world was twitter you should be seeing that, unless you’ve let the algorithms get you,

You cannot label everyone like this, it’s just plain factually wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So you're telling me there's no identifiable, tangible connection between British Jews and Israel?

Yes. There is no recognisable single group of “British Jews”. You've invented it to peddle your hate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What would it matter if they are branded as something by those they criticise? 

Your argument doesn’t stand up and currently comes over as anti semitic.

I’ve got no Jewish friends or links to my knowledge, but my little bubble shows me plenty of people stating they are Jewish and stating their support for a ceasefire and / or directly criticising Israel. Even if your only window to the world was twitter you should be seeing that, unless you’ve let the algorithms get you,

You cannot label everyone like this, it’s just plain factually wrong.

I'm not labelling people - major Jewish newspapers are - Labour have kicked out a sizeable majority of Jewish people who are branded left wing - there are multiple connections between British Jewry and Israel - I'm open to be educated but can anybody spell out the relationship? I've been told there isn't one. 

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would you expect that I know the answer?

I’m gonna take anybody’s statement that outlines the relationship between British Jewry and Israel. I’ve no agenda. But pretending there is no relationship feels phoney. I am open to being informed.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â