What is Anti-Semitism?

Jareth

On 17/05/2021 at 19:18, chrisp65 said:

We were in Primark doing our annual posh shop.

Slowly emerging up the escalator were two ladies in niqabs. My nipper just pointed at them and very loudly announced ‘Dad! Ninjas!’

Thank **** that whilst they clearly heard and saw, one of them just did a sort of karate chop move.

I blame the parents! 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I blame the parents! 😆

I read that again when this thread was revived and it brought back so many memories. I reminded the kids about it, they’re so woke now they were laughing and shocked but mostly just laughing.

• Like 2

I deleted something similar earlier - but where is the condemnation from British jews? We are supposed to mourn British members of the IDF but we hear nothing from the British jewish tabloids. This is mental. The only British jews who chirp up are branded radical left wingers. Speak the f up against this far  right government. Now. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I deleted something similar earlier - but where is the condemnation from British jews? We are supposed to mourn British members of the IDF but we hear nothing from the British jewish tabloids. This is mental. The only British jews who chirp up are branded radical left wingers. Speak the f up against this far  right government. Now. 

I watched David Baddiel’s thing the other night and he essentially said he was British and Jewish and Israel meant nothing to him , he had no empathy with it , didn’t really care about it .. maybe lots of British Jews feel the same way ? 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I watched David Baddiel’s thing the other night and he essentially said he was British and Jewish and Israel meant nothing to him , he had no empathy with it , didn’t really care about it .. maybe lots of British Jews feel the same way ? 

Yeah, cool. But they acquiesce - they don't attack, unless they are brave - and there are lots of brave British jews, only they have previously been told they are anti semitic. 

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What should British Jews condemn?

• Like 1

I think I’ve seen plenty of people saying they are Jewish and criticising Israel’s actions.

Pretty sure there was an old lady arrested a few days ago for anti semitism, saying she was Jewish.

People on this very messageboard have been critical of Israel.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think I’ve seen plenty of people saying they are Jewish and criticising Israel’s actions.

Pretty sure there was an old lady arrested a few days ago for anti semitism, saying she was Jewish.

People on this very messageboard have been critical of Israel.

Lefties

Where is the level of critical condemnation from supporters of Israel? There is no healthy criticism is there, because anyone with critical thought is ostracised - that is the shittiest thing about Israel - there are powerful groups at the top of it who put pressure on others. And that extends  to the UK.  

10 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Was October 7th a joke? Or a conspiracy? Or a lie?

Don't know - need a VR experience of that brutality in order to forget why Israel is not a natural ally. 

May I add, the Scots, the Welsh, and certainly the Irish, think Israel is full of shit. But somehow the bigots in England speak for the UK. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Don't know - need a VR experience of that brutality in order to forget why Israel is not a natural ally. 

May I add, the Scots, the Welsh, and certainly the Irish, think Israel is full of shit. But somehow the bigots in England speak for the UK. 

Wow

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Where is the level of critical condemnation from supporters of Israel? There is no healthy criticism is there, because anyone with critical thought is ostracised - that is the shittiest thing about Israel - there are powerful groups at the top of it who put pressure on others. And that extends  to the UK.  

You must have missed the protest marches against Netanyahu from a few months ago. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

Applause. Do you know a Muslim? Maybe you should go and ask him or her to condemn Afghanistan, Iran, SA, Qatar and so on for horrible human rights abuses?

Whether you’re just being dumb or purposefully racist is hard to say. It’s your kind of attitude that completely ruins whole peace marches when these views are brought out amongst thousands of others who are rightly not angry at people being Jews, but rather what Israel is doing.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Applause. Do you know a Muslim? Maybe you should go and ask him or her to condemn Afghanistan, Iran, SA, Qatar and so on for horrible human rights abuses?

Whether you’re just being dumb or purposefully racist is hard to say. It’s your kind of attitude that completely ruins whole peace marches when these views are brought out amongst thousands of others who are rightly not angry at people being Jews, but rather what Israel is doing.

Show me the Muslim Chronicle newspaper that stokes fear daily. Show me the equivalent of Douglas Murray who tried to argue Nazis were less evil than Hamas with his words published by a similar newspaper. Or that thing about the leader of Scotland having infiltrated society - show me the Muslim equivalent. You yourself backed a tweet that basically said it was dumbfounded that the far right for some unknown reason attaches itself to Israel. If you can’t even see it - then how can anybody influence Israel? The US have it right - back Israel and try to change their direction. They are a friend who needs advice. 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You know that AS thing about conflating Jews with Israel… You are doing it right here right now

You want people who aren’t citizens of a country but share a religion to speak up against the government of that country. Can you think of any other situation where that would be expected?

Should Catholics speak out about Meloni being elected in Italy?

Get real. Don’t hide behind the bleedingly obvious. Israel needs to stop what it is doing - I’ll go appeal to some Sikhs maybe? 

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Show me the Muslim Chronicle newspaper that stokes fear daily. Show me the equivalent of Douglas Murray who tried to argue Nazis were less evil than Hamas with his words published by a similar newspaper. Or that thing about the leader of Scotland having infiltrated society - show me the Muslim equivalent. You yourself backed a tweet that basically said it was dumbfounded that the far right for some unknown reason attaches itself to Israel. If you can’t even see it - then how can anybody influence Israel? The US have it right - back Israel and try to change their direction. They are a friend who needs advice. 

So now it’s the Jews in the UK who should be responsible for Israel? The tropes keep coming.

Do you think before you write? Put your statements on the other side of the political spectrum and you’d be Tommy Robinson.

By your own logic I hope you can stop the war in Ukraine by asking the orthodox diaspora to own Vladimir Putin’s war, or every white person in the world to own every white majority nation’s war.

If you bothered to look, the side you argue for by being a racist has just as many idiots as Israel’s. Mohammed Hijab, Chris Williamson, Daley, no2nato, Momentum etc.

I suggest you go to your nearest Jewish school or Synagogue and see how your ilk treats a really small minority people in the UK, I’m sure you’ll be inspired.

Edited by magnkarl

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â