Weekends Football 14/15 May

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, sne said:

No handball?

I think the rule changed again (obviously) at some point to the handball having to directly result in the goal, as in bounced down off the arm of the goal scorer before being put in to be disallowed.

Edited by a m ole

Just now, a m ole said:

I think the rule changed again (obviously) at some point to the handball having to directly result in the goal, as in bounced down of the arm of the goal scorer to be disallowed.

That's mental.

So someone can catch it, the ref misses it, and then someone passes it to the goalscorer and VAR can do nothing?

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

That's mental.

So someone can catch it, the ref misses it, and then someone passes it to the goalscorer and VAR can do nothing?

Nah that would still be a deliberate handball. It used to be that any hand or arm contact would wipe off a goal if it occurred in the build up and it was ridiculous because it meant that incidents that were never hand balls suddenly chalked off goals. It’s a change for the good in my opinion.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I think the rule changed again (obviously) at some point to the handball having to directly result in the goal, as in bounced down off the arm of the goal scorer before being put in to be disallowed.

Might have.

I'm watching the Juve vs Inter game at the same time and just a few moments before Chiellini avoided a red card thanks to a very dubious VAR handball call.

He's not happy now thou because VAR just handed Inter the equalizer after another situation involving Chiellini :D 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Nah that would still be a deliberate handball. It used to be that any hand or arm contact would wipe off a goal if it occurred in the build up and it was ridiculous because it meant that incidents that were never hand balls suddenly chalked off goals. It’s a change for the good in my opinion.

Agree its the right thing to do but to change it near the end of the season is shite

Could be something else where its a PL rule not a FA one 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree its the right thing to do but to change it near the end of the season is shite

Could be something else where its a PL rule not a FA one 

Believe it was the start of this season or midway though the last. There was one incident where the ball literally brushed a jumping players shirt sleeve on the way through as he looked the other way, the ball didn’t even change direction and his teammate put it in but it was disallowed by VAR. That inspired the change.

Having said that I’m reading now about the law changing in July - so who the **** knows?

Edited by a m ole

The handball rule changed before last season.  This was reviewed in rule clarifications in a refereeing course I took before that season.  If it bounces off another part of the body or another adjacent player onto the hand/arm it is not a hand ball.  The only exceptions are that a goal cannot be directly scored off a hand/arm no matter what and a hand/arm cannot directly stop a ball going in the goal.

The US commentator going on about how it's not clear and inconsistent and even though the law says it's not a hand ball it should be because the deflection bade it land right in front of  Leicester player and they got an advantage.   No.   The laws say it's not.   Idiot.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â