Weekends Football 14/15 May

andykeenan

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Leeds finishing above us is sickening

Agreed but not totally unpredicted.

Similarly to Sheff U last year, I think there's a lot to be said about having a well-drilled system that has been practised with the same players over a few years before coming up. 

We had to restart when we were first promoted and have done really well considering the new signings that came in this year too. 

Right, off to throw up.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Leeds finishing above us is sickening

Way it's looking we could win our last three to get to 58 points and still finish 11th given Leeds finish with Southampton and West Brom and Arsenal have Palace and Brighton! As much as I'd be disappointed not to finish  10th, you have to be realistic. Needing even 55 points just to finish 10th is a completely abnormal season so some context is required.

In 03/04 we just missed out on 5th on GD and we had 56 points. I doubt any team on 50 points has ever missed out on top 10 in last 30 years...until we do it.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not sure Leeds will drop off that much next season btw:

Since they shipped in 4 at Arsenal they've played 13 league games and conceded 11 goals with this one ongoing.

In same period we've conceded 17 goals.

I cant see them dropping off at all next season. With good investment they will be looking to push on be challlenging for Europe like we should be 

• Like 1

They seem more defensive now, the wankfest media wont like that. They want 4-3 losses

They are much better team now than the start of the season when they were too gung ho

Just now, Zatman said:

They seem more defensive now, the wankfest media wont like that. They want 4-3 losses

They are much better team now than the start of the season when they were too gung ho

Diego Llorente massively helped out there. He'd played about two games for them up to start of Feb but been regular since.

0-3.

Full credit to them, I thought they'd drop off but they haven't. 

Be interesting to see if they maintain next season. Will Bamford be able to repeat this year?

I just wish their fans realised though that they aren't the first promoted team to have a good first season. 

And if they'd missed their best players for nearly a 3rd of the season, would they be up as high?

Edited by DCJonah

I know the flavor of the month is hating Leeds but I will take Burnley getting stomped any day. A boring, dirty tackling football club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

I know the flavor of the month is hating Leeds but I will take Burnley getting stomped any day. A boring, dirty tackling football club. 

All their fans will be quoting you on their forum 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

All their fans will be quoting you on their forum 😂😂😂

Seriously though Burnley over Leeds. You aren't even a fan of football if you do that.

I can go back to my indifference of Leeds right after the FT whistle. 

• Like 1

Â