Return of an old Megadrive game

Dave-R

When I were a kid I used to call it Gouls N Ghosts because that's what it was called, layer on however it got renamed to Ghosts N Goblins.

Well anyway Ghosts and Goblins is returning with Ghosts N Goblins resurrection.

It looks to be the original with tweaks and that's could be a great thing. The game arrives in June on PS5 and XBOX.

Ghouls n Ghosts is the sequel to Ghosts n Goblins.

This modern take is out already on the Switch and suffice to say, your mileage may vary. I saw a streamer put it on the hardest setting and took something like 8 hours to finish the first level. And it looks... horrible. That weird Flash game look. Ugh.

• Thanks 1

Gouls N Ghosts was the Japanese name for it when it first arrived on Megadrive in 1990 and it was the original that arrived in 1988 in arcade. The west took to calling it Ghosts N Goblins. However when the game first arrived the game would be called Gouls N Ghosts on the cartridge and it's case.

Ghost and Goblins resurrection is the switch game and re release of the original and it's no making its way to playstation n Xbox.

I don't know what people expect from what is a 30 odd year old game. Same as streets of rage remake, you can give it a better look with the art n that but the moment you change its gameplay it doesn't appeal to it's old fan base. For some gameplay takes priority over top notch graphics and this had gameplay 

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Gouls N Ghosts was the Japanese name for it when it first arrived on Megadrive in 1990 and it was the original that arrived in 1988 in arcade. The west took to calling it Ghosts N Goblins. However when the game first arrived the game would be called Gouls N Ghosts on the cartridge and it's case.

I had Ghosts n Goblins on my C64 and that would definitely have been before 1988 (85 or 86 at a guess). 

Regardless of that, it was an absolute bastard to play and still remains one of the toughest games I've ever completed.

Edited by Designer1

56 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I had Ghosts n Goblins on my C64 and that would definitely have been before 1988 (85 or 86 at a guess). 

Regardless of that, it was an absolute bastard to play and still remains one of the toughest games I've ever completed.

It was indeed 1985 for the amstrad and commodore Ghosts and Goblins, made by capcom as well.

They have always been difficult.

I used to love the tune it had in the game and the golden armor you could obtain.

Hopefully resurrection will only be around a tenner to buy upon release, these coin op games from way back usually sell cheap.

• Like 1

Mickey mouse castle of illusion is an example of a great mega drive game modernised and still plays really well.

There's about 50 brilliant megadrive games I'd love to play graphically modern versions of with the exact same gameplay.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate this game still gives me nightmares of how hard it is

It was super hard, I'm wondering how tough Ghost n goblins resurrection is.

That was the day when games were actually tough and challenging.

Edited by Dave-R

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â