VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

You might dig this @chrisp65

Flying Mojito Brothers - Greatest Hits (1970 - 1983)

Cosmic American Disco

A couple of DJs completely reimagining the likes of The Doors, Steely Dan, CSNY, Santana, Waylon Jennings and more

The constant disco beat is not as annoying as you would imagine. (Other contributors to this thread may be horrified)

It definitely isn't for everyone though. It's a highly iffy self-release, there's absolutely no credits on it at all and is sold as a limited edition for "promotional DJ use only"

MjMtNjgyOC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Will give whatever they have done to Waylon a blast once I am away from a place where I won't be judged as being a dick for listening to music on my phone. 

Earth?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bickster said:

You might dig this @chrisp65

Flying Mojito Brothers - Greatest Hits (1970 - 1983)

Cosmic American Disco

A couple of DJs completely reimagining the likes of The Doors, Steely Dan, CSNY, Santana, Waylon Jennings and more

The constant disco beat is not as annoying as you would imagine. (Other contributors to this thread may be horrified)

It definitely isn't for everyone though. It's a highly iffy self-release, there's absolutely no credits on it at all and is sold as a limited edition for "promotional DJ use only"

MjMtNjgyOC5qcGVn.jpeg

I listened to the cover of Waylon's cover of Fleetwood Mac. It's an acquired taste that I haven't acquired I think. May be up @Xann street I think. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I listened to the cover of Waylon's cover of Fleetwood Mac. It's an acquired taste that I haven't acquired I think. May be up @Xann street I think. 

Oh I didn’t have it down as something you’d like in the first place :D

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Jesus Jones on BBC4 TOTP. Liked by men who tucked their t-shirts into their jeans and thought Jesus Jones were as alternative as Psychic TV. 

I’m guessing that subliminally I had heard of Jesus Jones. But I hadn’t realised I’d heard of Jesus Jones.

I wrote / drew the start of a footy fanzine around a character I thought I’d invented called Jesus Jones. He lived in a caravan and only came out of the ‘van at night so he missed every game. Having invested quite a bit of time writing up back story (that in hindsight was the backstory of Silver Surfer) and drawing quite a lot of caravans and night scenes… I bloody found not only was there a band called Jesus Jones there was already a **** **** **** fanzine character called Jesus Jones.

Genuinely never had the heart to just re name the character.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Jesus Jones on BBC4 TOTP. Liked by men who tucked their t-shirts into their jeans and thought Jesus Jones were as alternative as Psychic TV. 

Vauxhall Conference PWEI - the Grebo Blythe Spartans

But mentions ov Psychic TV remind me that there seem to be a fair few people that want to give the word removed that was Genesis P Orridge money by covering Godstar. Surely there’s nicer word removeds songs you can cover. He was only a few steps removed from Charles Manson ffs

I have this Ltd edition copy of Real Real Real in this stupid envelope sleeve and it has badges and stickers inside. Clearly bought for DJing purposes and not once does it appear to have got anywhere near a needle

Its worth about 50p even in mint condition 

Found a new hip hop podcast in the last week called the bridge 

Its by Nas and an American radio journo called miss info

Its really relaxed and chatty, a lot of the guests just talk to Nas about him and tell stories of things they've done together and how they've influenced and respect each other, very natural conversation which makes it really interesting 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have this Ltd edition copy of Real Real Real in this stupid envelope sleeve and it has badges and stickers inside. Clearly bought for DJing purposes and not once does it appear to have got anywhere near a needle

Its worth about 50p even in mint condition 

I watch these old top of the pops and me and my wife try to pin certain records on each other. I had Jesus Jones album on tape and one single. I don't know why. Between us we have a ridiculous amount of PWEI probably every release between 87 and 94. But neither of us are what you would call fans. Anyway. PWEI were on TOTP tonight with get the girl. It was above average.

30 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Just got tickets to Be Svendsen this july. Gonna be a party n a heif!

This set for Cercle is truly amazing.

Not normally my sort of thing, but that is quite impressive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

283244171_545255153639677_8003154639803847461_n.jpg.56fc5f1b3e020378ba03db8977d50cd5.jpg

Photos you have to peer at - The Cocteau Twins.

Fraser doesn't surprise me because I've seen a few recent images but Guthrie is definitely a bit of a shock

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Elizabeth Fraser has just released a new track Golden Air under the name Sun's Signature with her partner Damon Reece. It's not bad at all.

Think there's an EP due soon too. 

June 18th in the delayed RSD 2022 haul I think

The way the release was reported pissed me off no end though.

"Elizabeth Fraser's 'colaboration' with Massive Attack drummer Damon Reece"

1) You don't have a collaboration with your husband

2) It's their new band, it isn't some temporary hook up as collaboration suggests

3) Damon is really only a session man for MA, he has no creative input really, though he did when he was in the Bunnymen, Spiritualised and Lupine Howl. He's also done a lot of work with Alison Goldfrapp but its always MA that gets the mention

Nice bloke Damon

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â