VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

More has emerged about the Marr / Morrissey thing. It seems Marr was awarded the trade Marks in 2018. It's not a new thing, it's just that Morrissey has only  just made it public

Marr has literally done this to prevent Morrissey from touring as The Smiths

What’s the minimum qualification for a world tour?

in reverse order, I guess ‘tour’ requires more than two dates or venues? Or would two suffice?

’world’ what would be the minimum number of continents?

Perhaps, if my kids had a band and they had a gig in Bristol, and a gig in New York, I would happily try and sell some world tour merch. 

If I was Coldplay, would I call it a 2025 world tour if I was doing England, Australia, New Zealand? 

Personally, I’d need to throw in a Tokyo or Rio or Mexico City or Johannesburg in to the 2025 calendar to be happy calling it a world tour.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

What’s the minimum qualification for a world tour?

in reverse order, I guess ‘tour’ requires more than two dates or venues? Or would two suffice?

’world’ what would be the minimum number of continents?

Perhaps, if my kids had a band and they had a gig in Bristol, and a gig in New York, I would happily try and sell some world tour merch. 

If I was Coldplay, would I call it a 2025 world tour if I was doing England, Australia, New Zealand? 

Personally, I’d need to throw in a Tokyo or Rio or Mexico City or Johannesburg in to the 2025 calendar to be happy calling it a world tour.

Thing is they often announce the dates for stuff like this chunk at a time. Not sure the O band have actually announced the US leg yet have they?

• Like 1

Best news I have heard in a while 👏

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s Voice Stunned the World (and Will Again)

On Oct. 27, 2022, the photojournalist Saiyna Bashir was interviewing the musician Michael Brook in his Los Angeles studio when she learned something that prompted an urgent text to Zakir Thaver, her filmmaker colleague in Pakistan:

“New undiscovered album.”

Bashir and Thaver were producing an upcoming documentary called “Ustad” about Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan — the celebrated Pakistani singer who died in 1997 at age 48 — and Brook, the silver-haired musician whose ambient work has crossed paths with Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno and Michael Mann, had just revealed that he was working on an unreleased Khan song.

It was part of “Chain of Light,” an album Brook recorded with Khan at Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios in England more than three decades ago. “Ya Gaus Ya Meeran,” the track in question, was an unreleased Khan qawwali, a song based on the devotional poetry of Sufism, a mystical branch of Islam.

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

John Prine.

38 years old and I'm still discovering new artists work, at least new in the sense it's new to me. That's the magic of music I guess!

Must have spent 5 hours straight listening to his catalogue today. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â