VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Shake Head GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

i think ive actually got everything they've done on vinyl which seeing as most of it was RSD exclusives i think is good going

I see that you have paid RSD prices for OCS.

I’m actually calling from Microsoft, your computer has been hacked and is being used by criminals, but don’t worry, give me your credit card details and I can fix it for you.

• Haha 2

Can I just quickly put my usual disclaimer out there when discussing music.

Music is music. Whatever floats your boat is good for you and nothing to do with me.

Any appearance to the contrary is merely ladzz bantzz with people i think can take it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I see that you have paid RSD prices for OCS.

I’m actually calling from Microsoft, your computer has been hacked and is being used by criminals, but don’t worry, give me your credit card details and I can fix it for you.

no choice but RSD, previously unreleased, a couple on the day a couple months later for relatively normal prices

that tends to be my RSD "rule" i'll happily buy stuff that wasn't released before or was mid 90s and now like rocking horse shit because they released 7 copies (my last RSD purchase was the verve B side album) but I wont buy different colours or picture discs or singles anymore 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no choice but RSD, previously unreleased, a couple on the day a couple months later for relatively normal prices

that tends to be my RSD "rule" i'll happily buy stuff that wasn't released before or was mid 90s and now like rocking horse shit because they released 7 copies (my last RSD purchase was the verve B side album) but I wont buy different colours or picture discs or singles anymore 

I think you’ll find Oasis are unique in having released an album of b sides.

Yes, it has to be a bit of a one off can’t risk waiting for the sales for me to bother with RSD, I generally pick them off as stock clearance now. Except for the album of Super Furry Animals b sides, I had to have that.

• Haha 1

To echo and add to what Chris said, music is music because someone loves something and I hate it or hate the fans it doesnt mean I have ill feeling or less towards individuals. As is fairly well known my music quality control can be questionable to be polite. 

• Like 1

I played Moseley Shoals for the first time in years recently, and still found it enjoyable. It's certainly aged better than Oasis for me. And they're Brummies, so there is that. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think you’ll find Oasis are unique in having released an album of b sides.

Yes, it has to be a bit of a one off can’t risk waiting for the sales for me to bother with RSD, I generally pick them off as stock clearance now. Except for the album of Super Furry Animals b sides, I had to have that.

in comparison to other 90s bands - oasis are unique in having B sides that people outside of that bands fans have actually heard of ;) 

I didn't know any of the verve ones (to be fair its early verve stuff) 

The saps' favourite Morrissey feels like he's gagged.

Thank god that the bastion of common sense Telegraph gave him a platform to ooze more dogshit from.

Visited a record shop today a mix of used and new. Spent an hour there and they made me feel like an old friend. Knocked money off my purchases and suggested places locally where I might get hold of the album I went in for. Came away with Please by The Pet Shop Boys, a George Harrison produced album by some indian singers (a quid), a reissue of Dusty In Memphis and a Phil Spector box set. I may return tomorrow. 

On 10/09/2024 at 11:39, mjmooney said:

I played Moseley Shoals for the first time in years recently, and still found it enjoyable. It's certainly aged better than Oasis for me. And they're Brummies, so there is that. 

The overt ‘Mancness’ is the worst thing about Oasis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

... a George Harrison produced album by some indian singers (a quid)...

The stuff he did with Ravi Shankar, or something else?

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Kind of. Think its them under Goddess of fortune name. 

I've got a copy of that I think, don't remember playing it though.

Knew the chap that introduced the Beatles to the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Sadly both are gone now.

Incidentally the Radha Krishna restaurant, Govinda's, is adjacent to McCartney's office in Soho Square.

Never really thought about it, but I suppose there's a slim chance of meeting McCartney in there, @bickster? ;)

Govinda's isn't expensive either, especially considering the location.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â