VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

27 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

"Congratulation's to English Teacher on there Mercury Prize win. Even though Beth Gibbons should have won."

Those who know will understand.

FTFY ;) 

Congratulations to English Teacher, from the right town at the right time after the absolute dogs abuse the awards got for always being laughably Londoncentric and everyone watching to see if they went for London for an eleventh consecutive year.

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Congratulations to English Teacher, from the right town at the right time after the absolute dogs abuse the awards got for always being laughably Londoncentric and everyone watching to see if they went for London for an eleventh consecutive year.

An apostrophe is necessary in "dogs". Does the abuse belong either to one dog or multiple dogs? (English teaching.)

• Like 1

Not religious but man, gonna pray hard that this gets released in the full version 🤞

The Prince We Never Knew

Dig, if you will, a small slice of Ezra Edelman’s nine-hour documentary about Prince — a cursed masterpiece that the public may never be allowed to see.

It’s 1984, and Prince is about to release “Purple Rain,” the album that will make him a superstar and push pop music into distant realms we had no idea we were ready for. The sound engineer Peggy McCreary, one of many female engineers he worked with, describes witnessing a flash of genius during the creation of his song “When Doves Cry.” Over a two-day marathon recording session, she and Prince filled the studio with sound — wailing guitars, thrumming keyboards, an overdubbed choir of harmonizing Princes. It was the sort of maximalist stew possible only when someone is (as Prince was) a master of just about every musical instrument ever invented. But something wasn’t right. So at 5 or 6 in the morning, Prince found the solution: He started subtracting. He took out the guitar solo; he took out the keyboard. And then his boldest, most heterodox move: He took out the bass. McCreary remembers him saying, with satisfaction, “Ain’t nobody gonna believe I did that.” He knew what he had. The song became an anthem, a platinum megahit.

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

go on....

I know what you are thinking, in a decade where Creed, Staind and LFO (american band) exist, how can Oasis be the nadir of music in the 90s. The thing is I can’t stand Oasis. Turgid shit that brought dickheads to “indie music”. Those pricks in the bucket hat who liked Oasis and liked Ocean Colour scene and liked lad based rock **** hated it absolutely **** hated it and them. 
But that version of Some Might Say with Noel on vocals is pretty good.  

Edited by Seat68

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My word, Ocean Colour Scene.

Never got half the criticism they deserved. Just about as bad as it gets.

Shake Head GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

i think ive actually got everything they've done on vinyl which seeing as most of it was RSD exclusives i think is good going

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â