VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

From memory the rest of it was weller, noel Gallagher acoustic, charlatans, echo and the bunny men, Ian Brown but then during the night the likes of Peter hook, Bernard butler, Andy rouke, mani all joined in 

What a missed opportunity for anyone who happened to have a tactical nuclear weapon. 

• Like 1

year after was athlete, the enemy, the view, the farm, inspiral carpets, fun lovin criminals (who were terrible) happy mondays, fratellis and then at the end rouke came in stage with badly drawn boy singing, peter hook, aziz ibrahim, dave potts and steve white to sing smiths and joy division songs, ending with lennon's instant karma

wasnt different and not as good but still a great night

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think I may have an (ir)rational hatred of all things Manchester. 

Gonna try and sidestep the obvious and the horrible... As I'm sat listening to them now - doves

They're near the top of my underrated bands list

Edit - this year after years of moving about and **** about I finally got my vinyl set up and started listening to albums I've been collecting for years, vinyl obviously meaning you listen to the whole thing rather than twitching over the skip button all the while, when my Spotify end of year list comes out number 1 will be a 15 year old doves song that for whatever reason I missed first time round, I've loved them for years seen them live etc etc vinyl found me this 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Gonna try and sidestep the obvious and the horrible... As I'm sat listening to them now - doves

Well, look, it's... OK, but why do all Mancs sing in that whiney voice? 

• Like 1

I'll add 2 more doves things

First when they supported oasis at city of Manchester stadium the guy stood in the crowd front and centre in his mates shoulders stark bollock naked for an entire song, there's a memory can't erase

Second, when they first announced they were knocking it on the head and did a farewell tour I went to 3 nights on that tour including Leamington, what a venue that is

• Like 2

Was listening to Doves this afternoon as it happens. Stuff off their debut. I’m pleased they changed direction from their previous early 90’s incarnation.

On Manchester bands, I was gonna say The Hollies but then I looked through the various birthplaces of (what I assume to be) the classic line up and I had to temper my “what about this Manc band” stance.

• Like 2

I would say my last experience of Manchester was Liam Gallagher at old Trafford which is hands down the worst venue I've ever been to, Liam was just about OK, the metro on the way there was full of coke heads shouting courteeners songs, it was hard going 

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You mean accent 😜

No, it's not just the accent, it's a particular style of delivery, with long drawn out syllables. I Am Kloot are another lot that do it. 

My absolute least favourite Manchester band, of which there are many, my least favourite is Elbow. Amongst the worst music ever recorded, but I like Guy Garvey, he seems like a good.....guy. Just dreadful music, I stress now, without exception, to avoid the, oh but surely you must like...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â