VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

4 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Deadhead. If you’re gonna slur me at least do it right 

Ooops not sure humour travels that well to North Caly 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ooops not sure humour travels that well to North Caly 

Deadhead. Not dead head. **** sake have some standards. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

“Peace Of Mind” is a joy to listen to 

Yeah, I'm with you on this. 

Although I like the Dead, too. 

Both piss all over The Fall from a great height.  😈

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Check the guys track record. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I like the dead also got a few of their albums. Not listened to them for a while though .

@Nor-Cal Villan - Any mention of Dave Haslam in the UK immediately earns my respect, for someone on the West Coast of America to have that knowledge is a double whammy. 

His writing and dialogue about Manchester and the music scene of the 80s/90s is superb. He's one of the only 'music people'  I can listen to without any sense of 'oh he's talking shite for his own name again'.

Borderline hero status.

• Like 1

Just now, T-Dog said:

@Nor-Cal Villan - Any mention of Dave Haslam in the UK immediately earns my respect, for someone on the West Coast of America to have that knowledge is a double whammy. 

His writing and dialogue about Manchester and the music scene of the 80s/90s is superb. He's one of the only 'music people'  I can listen to without any sense of 'oh he's talking shite for his own name again'.

Borderline hero status.

Well, the majority of what I know of him is via his brother and the rest is from his writing. I can’t claim any knowledge of his work as a DJ. Well, other than this: my wife and I stayed with his brother Guy in 2011 for a good bit. We drove down to somewhere near Stonehenge on a Saturday night. Stayed at a cheap hotel as we had an extremely early tour to Stonehenge the next morning. My wife and I were watching TV in our room and we found a sort of documentary/history of Top of the Pops. And David Haslam was featured quite prominently in the show. The night was also the first time I saw video of The Wurzels. I knew of them and had heard their music before that night but it was the first time I saw their majesty🤣

• Haha 1

Back in the dark and distant times when I worked gigs, there was a phrase that was often used for a gig with shambolic organisation and that was Council Gig. Well just because every gig put on by a local council was always a f***ing nightmare.

Sefton Council have got 4 gigs on this weekend on a piece of derelict land they've called Salt and Tar, which they themselves have given a 4500 capacity. IMO its half that at best but they give out the licences so who am I to argue ;) 

Today we have had the "pleasure" of listening to Red Rum Club (huge locally with the red half of the city - strictly 4th division elsewhere) sounchecking for their gig tonight

I drove past the site earlier and it seems suitably shambolic and the weather is quite dreadful

Tomorrow will be worse. It's Status Quo or what is left of them

• Like 1

Another one of those quirky English TV programming for children -- on a Saturday morning????!!!! I remember Hollow Men's album was a sheet of LSD blotter 😂. This is remarkable to me. @bickster I do remember in the 1970s when KISS was on some kind of TV show for kids. It was kind of the beginning of the end of KISS being cool.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Another one of those quirky English TV programming for children -- on a Saturday morning????!!!! I remember Hollow Men's album was a sheet of LSD blotter 😂. This is remarkable to me. @bickster I do remember in the 1970s when KISS was on some kind of TV show for kids. It was kind of the beginning of the end of KISS being cool.

I’ve genuinely never heard that before. I also very genuinely never want to hear it again

could they not have put a good band on to inflict on the kids?
the song is about the Pink Panther, the stage set is I presume, deliberately like the Magic Roundabout and some graphics bod in the studio decides a pink flamingo is needed.

And even worse, the band are a dreadful,  non-league Madchester/Indie-dance copyists, the singer's even apeing Shaun Ryder's moves. It’s not even won’t someone think of the children, spare a thought for humanity as a whole, no one, kids or otherwise should ever have to listen to that in the name of entertainment 

PS Kiss were NEVER cool :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’ve genuinely never heard that before. I also very genuinely never want to hear it again

could they not have put a good band on to inflict on the kids?
the song is about the Pink Panther, the stage set is I presume, deliberately like the Magic Roundabout and some graphics bod in the studio decides a pink flamingo is needed.

And even worse, the band are a dreadful,  non-league Madchester/Indie-dance copyists, the singer's even apeing Shaun Ryder's moves. It’s not even won’t someone think of the children, spare a thought for humanity as a whole, no one, kids or otherwise should ever have to listen to that in the name of entertainment 

PS Kiss were NEVER cool :D 

I saw them supporting someone in the 80s, late 80s and although not as watered down as The Parachute men, they gave me the same feeling. I have an album by them so I couldn’t have hated them that much. I think as time went on everyone wanted to suckle from the Madchester teat. Brilliant Corners spring to mind. Not a good thing. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â