VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I thought my music taste was wide and varied. Clearly its not coming across as that. 

Thought you were a country man through and through. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought you were a country man through and through. 

I keep a tab on everyone so I don’t accidentally talk to someone that isn’t one of the cool kids.

He’s regularly referencing indie bands like The Pooh Sticks, supports straight up power pop, mentions k pop. He’s almost made me listen to Spacemen 3.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I keep a tab on everyone so I don’t accidentally talk to someone that isn’t one of the cool kids.

He’s regularly referencing indie bands like The Pooh Sticks, supports straight up power pop, mentions k pop. He’s almost made me listen to Spacemen 3.

Mr Cash will be turning in his grave 

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mr Cash will be turning in his grave 

I listen to predominantly country music. I drove back home with it on, the last album I played was country music and shortly I will be putting more on. That said I listen to everything and enjoy it if it is good. I say apart from reggae but even that I have found some gems, Dillinger, Culture. I really do listen to everything. I enjoy so much music outside of genres. I am not hemmed in by specifics. 

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I call them 💩💩💩

Harsh. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but that sort of thing is perfectly enjoyable occasionally. I don't listen to radio, but if I was in the car and 'MTAF' came on, I'd probably turn the volume up. 

• Like 3

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

IMG-9653.gif

And on me, too (although I only have the first one, and haven't played it for years). 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Harsh. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but that sort of thing is perfectly enjoyable occasionally. I don't listen to radio, but if I was in the car and 'MTAF' came on, I'd probably turn the volume up. 

The local station plays Boston all the time & nothing can make me change the channel faster. Fortunately the intros to their songs give it away immediately so I don’t have to hear more than a second or two 🤣

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

The local station plays Boston all the time & nothing can make me change the channel faster. Fortunately the intros to their songs give it away immediately so I don’t have to hear more than a second or two 🤣

That's it, then. I only hear them through 'semi-choice', e.g. a Spotify playlist. Maybe once a year - if that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Easy listening correct . 

It’s exactly the opposite for me, nails on a blackboard. FM friendly soft middle of the road pop/rock aimed at people with absolutely no taste filter. File alongside Cliff Richard

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

That's it, then. I only hear them through 'semi-choice', e.g. a Spotify playlist. Maybe once a year - if that. 

👍👍 our car only has radio these days. Chico is small so any distance driving around town is short. So we just listen to sports talk or the local stations. Mostly classic rock, which is a total crap shoot. Our radio options in town suck at a biblical level 🙄 You get where you’re going quickly so it doesn’t matter. They play Boston an inordinate amount of times. It’s insane how often they play Boston (Journey as well 🤮) When we leave town on longer drives we’ll playlist things we like 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â