VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

This was THE Walkman to own. TCS-310. Bit of a brick but dual directional microphones and you could still fit it into your undies before getting searched on the way into a gig

Sony Stereo Recording walkman Cassette TCS-310 excellent condition Not Working  - Picture 1 of 13

Have you ever used a dictaphone?…

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Have you ever used a dictaphone?…

Not for bootlegging gigs no :D 

And certainly not for plugging into a hifi

Actual sound engineers used the Walkman Professional machines.

They were big money new and remain so desirable that even broken units sell for silly money.

1 minute ago, Xann said:

Actual sound engineers used the Walkman Professional machines

Yeah I know people that plugged them into a Linn amp because the quality was that good

6 hours ago, bickster said:

This was THE Walkman to own. TCS-310. Bit of a brick but dual directional microphones and you could still fit it into your undies before getting searched on the way into a gig

Sony Stereo Recording walkman Cassette TCS-310 excellent condition Not Working  - Picture 1 of 13

IMG-0201.jpg

The D-6 Professional, the go-to for hundreds of Grateful Dead tapers/field recordings, until DAT came along. I still have one from my taping days. Just noticed used ones are going for $$$ online

5 hours ago, Xann said:

Actual sound engineers used the Walkman Professional machines.

They were big money new and remain so desirable that even broken units sell for silly money.

I didn’t see this before I posted. See my previous post re: D-6, the entry version to the professional models 

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I was channeling pure Kenneth.

Up to now I have been pretty good about figuring out the VT inside jokes/code words via context. Ain’t working for Kenneth. Anyone want to explain ? Help a brother out 🤣

19 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Up to now I have been pretty good about figuring out the VT inside jokes/code words via context. Ain’t working for Kenneth. Anyone want to explain ? Help a brother out 🤣

A series of films from the 60s and 70s at their peak called the Carry On series. A star of them was Kenneth Williams, he was also famous for his comedy radio work. He used double entendres liberally and often, as a homosexual they also leaned towards that, but only through implication. His lines drew out any innuendo. 

Edited by Seat68

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A series of films from the 60s and 70s at their peak called the Carry On series. A star of them was Kenneth Williams, he was also famous for his comedy radio work. He used double entendres liberally and often, as a homosexual they also leaned towards that. 

👍👍 know of the film series.

Now that I know that, what is meant by “channeling pure Kenneth”, “fishing for a Kenneth,” etc.?

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Now that I know that, what is meant by “channeling pure Kenneth”, “fishing for a Kenneth,” etc.?

Purposeful innuendo purely to have a picture of Kenneth Williams posted as a response. The bigger, the better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The bigger, the better. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Purposeful innuendo purely to have a picture of Kenneth Williams posted as a response. The bigger, the better. 

👍👍

what a strange place in which I find myself 🤣

13 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

what a strange place in which I find myself 🤣

Welcome to off topic, you'll probably never leave 👍

• Like 2

@blandy - This will mean nothing to you but I feel compelled to tell you. For a long time (possibly years?) I've always known I recognised your avatar but couldn't recall what it's from. Today I finally realised it's from a Grinderman album. Which is also an awesome album. 

That's all :D 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â