VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

On 11/07/2024 at 17:29, Marka Ragnos said:

Hey, why did Brian Jones stop "fitting in" with the Stones?

Maybe the whole murder suicide thing? Nearly 1000 dead? Might have created a bit of a  frosty atmosphere? Or am I getting confused? And then there was the spat with the Dandy Warhols

And even if I’m wrong you can like a silhouette

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Maybe the whole murder suicide thing? Nearly 1000 dead? Might have created a bit of a  frosty atmosphere? Or am I getting confused? And then there was the spat with the Dandy Warhols

BJM, great band 🍻 used to see Joel pretty often when shopping at Amoeba in SF back in the day (it was his job whenever he wasn’t shaking the tambourine with the Massacre)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Like a lost Bond theme.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This one, I'm tempted. One of my favourite live bands

( @Nor-Cal Villan - I saw them TWO whole times... ) :)

Nice! You got me there. You must be even older than I am. Seen all of them solo, except Kenny Jones, in some form or another. Multiple times each for Ronnie & Mac. Saw McLagen quite often in Austin, onstage & off. He was living there at the same time I did. Saw what is allegedly Ronnie Lane’s last public appearance, late 1992 in Austin, when he was brought onstage at a Ronnie Wood show. He wasn’t able to perform. By that point he was in really bad shape, truly sad. Then six years later my wife was diagnosed with MS and we feared the worst due to what we knew Ronnie went through. Thankfully it’s been a different story for us 🤞

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

9 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Nice! You got me there. You must be even older than I am.

Some would have you believe I'm Father of the House on VT (I'm not, not by a long chalk). 

Saw The Faces with Ronnie Lane, and later with Tetsu. They were great, both times. 

But Ronnie Lane's first Slim Chance tour, is a strong contender for my Favourite Gig Of All Time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Some would have you believe I'm Father of the House on VT (I'm not, not by a long chalk). 

Saw The Faces with Ronnie Lane, and later with Tetsu. They were great, both times. 

But Ronnie Lane's first Slim Chance tour, is a strong contender for my Favourite Gig Of All Time. 

You dodged me: how oks are you? I am 58, closer to 59. 

Ronnie Lane will always hold a special place in my heart 🌹

48 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

👍👍 you’re no lightweight 🍻

TBH, I'm still trying to get my head round it. None of the other 'zero' birthdays bothered me in the slightest. But turning 70 felt properly old for the first time. 

Oh well, better than the alternative, I suppose. 

i-may-be-old-best-bands-tshirt_2_blacktshirt-570x570.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

turning 70 felt properly old for the first time. 

70 is the new 50. In, what, just around a decade’s time you’ll be old enough to run for President, or maybe governor.

oh, music chat, sorry, yes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

This was THE Walkman to own. TCS-310. Bit of a brick but dual directional microphones and you could still fit it into your undies before getting searched on the way into a gig

Sony Stereo Recording walkman Cassette TCS-310 excellent condition Not Working  - Picture 1 of 13

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â